Forums Latest Members
  1. patsjka Nov 19, 2016

Hello

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this piece from Quality Vintage Timepieces.... For a while I've been looking for pretty 1953's Omega'e and good ones are hard to come by.

I know it's polished (a lot) and the seconds hand doesn't look original.... What are your thoughts on the dial? Looks original to me. And what about movement and is it indeed from 1953?

Appreciate the responses. Thank you.
    Ivo

------
    1953 RARE OMEGA SEAMASTER CALENDAR @ 6

Here is a very rare Omega Seamaster Automatic Calendar watch. The bumper automatic calendar watches are the first generation of the "Seamaster Calendar" model, and they are the first Omega watch movements that carries a calendar disc. The 17 jewels movement is an Omega caliber 355. It has been fully serviced and running accurately. Movement serial number is 13549211 dating this watch to 1953. Rare clean patina original dial. Original signed crown. Brand new crystal and new matching handmade genuine leather strap. New case back gasket. The solid stainless steel original case measures 34mm excluding crown by 40mm lug tip to lug tip. Case model 2757 - 2. Calendar feature working accurately. Definitely, not everyday will you come across this model in this great shape. Excellent investment!

Price: $1250.00 USD - NEWLY LISTED

OmeSeaCalASWBDBHMSFull.jpg
  2. ulackfocus Nov 19, 2016

These aren't exactly rare, and without the waffle dial they don't fetch nearly as high a price because they aren't sought after as much. If it were perfect and had a white waffle dial, $1250 would still be too high.

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  3. DON Nov 20, 2016

Excellent investment for the seller if he gets that price

Pictures too small to get an idea on overall condition, but even at half that price it's still worth less. Maybe $450.00 depending on dial condition

DON

4. Canuck Nov 20, 2016

Mine says hi! Waffle dial, caliber 355. Case is new, crown is new, crystal is new, bracelet is new, everything else is original.

PB146035.JPG

tamura, GregH, ChrisN and 1 other person like this.
  5. ncstate1201 Nov 20, 2016

Nice one Canuck love the dial