Forums Latest Members
  1. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Mar 28, 2018

I see Dennis has his Gone Fishing avatar out. Does that mean he's left again? I was hoping for his thoughts on this Longines, too.
    Admittedly, the photos leave a lot to be desired and there's no photo of the movement or crown (one on the way) but I'd like your thoughts based on what you do see.
    The fonts look okay to me but I'm unclear if the scroll "automatic" was only on the Admiral or is that just an example in @ulackfocus' primer on automatics. Once I get movement photos, I'll know if it's a 19AS, as the seller claims but based on the logo, that makes sense. I'll also know of there's a logo on the crown (should there be?) It looks clean and there's nothing that screams redial to me but Longines are not my focus. The numbers are what caught me--hook, line and sinker.
    Anyway, on to the photos and awaiting your thoughts.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Mr.Cairo, argonbeam and noelekal like this.
  2. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Mar 28, 2018

I'll give it a tentative OK.

That "Automatic" style was used on several models, I think.

Here's a Grand Prize that's similar:
    Grand Prize SS_122415 824.jpg Grand Prize SS_122415 820.jpg

3. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Mar 28, 2018

Looks fine, and a nice applied signature.

efauser likes this.
  4. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Mar 28, 2018

OOOoooo... full Arabic numeral markers! My favorite!

I have a manual wind Longines with that same dial. Can't find a quick photo of it. For that matter I have a Longines automatic with 19AS movement and having those markers, only they are oriented differently.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edited Mar 29, 2018
    Mr.Cairo, Matt87, argonbeam and 4 others like this.
  5. TropicConnie Mar 28, 2018

Looks correct to me too. Nice find!

6. ClarendonVintage Mar 30, 2018

That Automatic script style is available on several models and including Wittnauer watches

7. ulackfocus Mar 31, 2018

..... and AP, JLC, and LeCoultre watches too. (Don't forget about that partnership to import / assemble LeCoultre at the NY Longines / Wittnauer plant back then.)