Forums Latest Members
  1. calalum Nov 29, 2016

Guys-Any thoughts or guidance on this piece? I tried to find something similar online but no success.

Thanks in advance.

Nick Heuer moon 2.jpg Heuer moon phase.jpg

2. w154 Nov 30, 2016

These early Heuers (1940s-50s) are so much harder to research as almost all the information out there seems to be on the later models like Carrera, Autavia, and Monaco from the 1960s-70s. I googled as well and can't really find anything similar, most of the Heuer triple-calendar moonphase chronos seem to have a sub-dial at 6 o'clock. The Heuer logo looks very broad-sided to me, but I think it did vary a lot in the early days so who knows if it's wrong or not. This Breitling looks quite similar in layout, but it was described as a redial. Have you tried asking on "OnTheDash" ?

s-breitling.jpg
  3. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Nov 30, 2016

Information compiled from another forum:
    Heuer never produced a two register chronograph with triple date and moonphase.
    This isn't a Valjoux 88, but a cam lever Venus cal. 200; a movement never used by Heuer or Breitling; these are often used for fakes.

1. every genuine Heuer Valjoux 88 of the 1950th moonphase chronograph has the 3 big subdials
    2. every " has the open "6" and "9"
    3. every " has exactly the same case
    4. every " has a serial number on the movement in the range of 55x xxx
    5. every " has a 5 numbers serial number on the case back in the range of 70xxx till 89xxx
    6. every genuine are signed with "Ed.Heuer & Co." on the movement and on the caseback

- all the others are fakes or Re-Editions from the 80's

marco, downtownbobbyb, T<25 and 3 others like this.
  4. calalum Nov 30, 2016

Thanks a lot for the guidance and input.