Forums Latest Members
  1. Fer Seamaster Sep 23, 2015

Searching in Ebay I found this UG Compax "Evil Nina", but there are some points that makes me see it as "red flags" for not bidding. Nevertheless, I am not an expert in this reference (in fact, I am not an expert in anything :)), so I would like to see your thoughts.

Current bid is at 6.550 EUR, which is a good price, probably because of all those red flags.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think:
    - I think hour and minutes hands are not matching this reference, but the blueyish Tri-Compax.
    - Hour counter hand is obvously a replacement.
    - Case and caseback are overpolished.
    - Bracelet endlinks are not matching this case (I do not know if they are correct or not); as I do not know if bracelet itself, marked 1-63, is correct.
    - The worst part I think is movement, which is clearly not corresponding to this watch... But I do not know if it is from UG origin, as it is not marked 285 or anyhing.

My conclussion:
    - Good case, good bezel, original bracelet -but perhaps not corresponding to this watch, good dial... But a wrong movement or, at least, with replaced parts. Does it makes sense to bid on this?

2. Jonatan Sep 23, 2015

From what I've read it should be a Valjoux 72 in there. I don't see why it would be written UNIVER and not UNIVERSAL GENEVE. Then again it could have to do with the market and which part of the world the watch is from. Not an expert here, just giving my two cents.

Capture d’écran 2015-09-23 à 11.37.25.png Capture d’écran 2015-09-23 à 11.41.48.png
  3. Fer Seamaster Sep 23, 2015

You are fully right. My thoughts are: why is baseplate not signed? why is the baseplate with a perlage finishing while it should be not decorated? why is the regulator like in the early versions of the Valjoux 72 and not like those you show? Why is the chronograph seconds bridge wrongly signed (as you said) and not marked properly?... All this lead me think this is a bunch of put-together parts and not a fully legit Valjoux 72.

4. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Sep 23, 2015

This watch has crazy red flags. Keep your money in your pocket.

gophishin and Fer Seamaster like this.
  5. Diabolik Sep 23, 2015

The V72 movement is dubious. IMHO it is not a UG. It looks like a replacement with a different bridge. The UG reference of the V72 should be 125 or 85 (the 125predates the caliber 85 and has the breguet hairspring and is found in the early 22607 and some others). Quite right about the hour counter hand but again it could be an earlier version ! The case back is missing the reference and serial, that is very common as they were lightly inscribed. I think this is probably is a 1962/1963 case! Dial and rest of hands are very nice and probably worth a good bit but for what it is it is way overpriced !

forgot to mention .... should have UM end links (not UT's which will be too small!)

Edited Sep 25, 2015
    heypacha and Fer Seamaster like this.
  6. 10H10 Oct 7, 2015

It's the "unVer" logo ! A common "chronographe suisse" brand...

7. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Oct 7, 2015

Maybe some speedmaster idiot is buying it for the bezel.....

8. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Oct 7, 2015

So, I'll bury this one in this thread without a link so as to pass below the radar of all the lurker snipers - we all know which one we are talking about.
    $7700 with 7 days to go - I understand nothing about values these days

$_57.JPG

10H10 likes this.
  9. Fer Seamaster Oct 8, 2015

Totally agree... Great mysteries of Mankind.

10. Fer Seamaster Oct 8, 2015

Bracelet is also a good point... But I am afraid: I think you cannot use it on your premoon :D