Thoughts on this 2998-6?

I'm trying to educate myself on the 1960s straight lugs and @Spacefruit website has been a huge help. I'm working my way towards purchasing from this era and particularly like the pumpkin lume and/or browned tropical dials. I do worry about my visual perception though (my wife had a swollen eye recently that I didn't/couldn't notice while everyone else thought it was very obvious) so thought I'd ask how far I off I am an evaluating this watch on Chrono24. And to add to that, I've only been in the hobby for a little over a year.

So here is my noob evaluation - please let me know what you think.

Dial: I thought this looks great. Lume in very good shape and an appealing color. The indices on the subdial make me a little nervous as it looks like they extend out of the sub-dial - I'm guessing it's a photo artifact? Assuming it's an artifact, perhaps a Very Good rating.

Hands: The minute and hour hands look original with some signs of patina from the radium. The subdial hands also show what to me looks like consistent aging. I initially though the chrono second hand looked a little bright, but zooming in it appears to have some aging consistent with the subdial hands.

Crown: stated not original by the seller

Pushers: should be 4x3 - are they? They look to be to my crappy eye.

Case: I really struggle with judging cases. For this one, it's clearly been polished and looks like some significant loss of metal. From speedmaster101, it seems like this is not necessarily unexpected for 2998s. I would guess this would be considered a Fair to Fair + case?

Bezel: Looks correct with the serifs on the 1 and 3 of 130 and age consistent. The damage is unusual from the variety of bezels I've seen on the internet. I had this in my head as a Fair+ to Good-.

I'm not quite sure how to come up with an overall grade for the watch, but balancing everything, I come up to Good and maybe Good+ (assuming the movement is clean/correct).

Seller is asking 19k which would be in the middle of Good and Very Good. It does come with a 7912 bracelet with 6 end links.

Looking forward to corrections and learning from you fine folks!

Thanks
Larry Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 11.39.30 AM.png Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 11.39.46 AM.png Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 11.39.59 AM.png Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 11.40.09 AM.png Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 11.40.19 AM.png Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 11.40.28 AM.png Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 11.40.37 AM.png Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 11.41.00 AM.png

I just woke up and haven’t had my coffee yet, so I don’t have anything constructive to add to this. Just that, it’s funny after enough time looking at watches, being able to identify a seller from the photos.

Like 9
I just woke up and haven’t had my coffee yet, so I don’t have anything constructive to add to this. Just that, it’s funny after enough time looking at watches, being able to identify a seller from the photos.
Is it chronoholic?

So for those of us not in the know, is that a good thing or a bad thing?

So for those of us not in the know, is that a good thing or a bad thing?
I wouldn’t say it’s bad. No dealer is infallible, so it’s always fine to do homework. Eric is just a very well known vintage dealer. Like many dealers, he has a signature photographic style that is easily recognizable. On several occasions, he has collaborated with several Hollywood productions to source period correct watches for tv shows/movies.