Forums Latest Members
  1. Emilmk Aug 1, 2019

I have come across this Omega Seamaster 120 for sale (166.027 from 1968). However, I have no experience buying vintage watches, and would thus love to hear your opinion on whether the watch looks correct and on the pricing (around 1300 USD).

I mainly have two concerns with the watch after having looked at other pictures of this particular reference online: 1) The hour markers look wrong (especially the 12 o-clock, which seems to be wider on other pictures of this reference), and 2) the "-" on each side og the "T Swiss Made T", which I haven't seen before.

I really look forward to hearing your thoughts. Thanks!

upload_2019-8-1_8-32-52.png
    upload_2019-8-1_8-44-48.png
    upload_2019-8-1_8-45-2.png

2. jeppehh Aug 1, 2019

Hej Emil

Welcome to OF.

You should stay away from this one.
    Dial is has been redone and the hands have been poorly relumed.

This watch is a tricky one to purchase as many are fakes or put together by different original and non original parts.

Plenty of info on the 120 in this forum if you’re interested. This specific example was also discussed in the danish Facebook group Vintageure, a group you should also consider joining if you’re getting into vintage watches.

Good luck and have patience.
    Jeppe

Emilmk, felsby and ConElPueblo like this.
  3. Emilmk Aug 1, 2019

Hej Jeppe,

Thanks a lot! I will join the group immediately :)

/Emil

4. Esmarch Aug 1, 2019

Hej Emil

I remember this one. It’s been around for a while in the Danish watch circles, and general consensus every time it comes up is that the dial is pretty badly redone as Jeppe said.

Lars

Emilmk likes this.