Forums Latest Members
  1. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Jan 23, 2014

2. Northernman Lemaniac Jan 23, 2014

" Is it a European thing?"
    Maybe, but especially Italian I guess. Those guys like to haggle and bargain over prices....
    Agree that a straight price indication is a much nicer way to start!

Does not look to bad the watch?

3. ulackfocus Jan 23, 2014

So offer the seller $1.

4. speedyfan Jan 23, 2014

If you follow the links he is asking 4,000 Euro. But I guess he is taking offers on that?

5. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Jan 23, 2014

At €4K including the bracelets, the price seems good for the condition. But you have to buy the buyer and consider the location. Although I have read that folks have better luck getting things OUT of Italy than INTO.

I followed the links and didn't see the price, but I haven't had my coffee yet...

6. pitpro Likes the game. Jan 23, 2014

Italy? No thanks. Plenty 105.003 on eBay

7. JohnSteed Jan 23, 2014

Would like to know if anyone else experience buying from a source / seller such as this, from Italy?

8. Northernman Lemaniac Jan 23, 2014

Been buying FROM Italy a few times. Have used PayPal and insisted on tracked shipment. Never any issues. Be aware: The quality of watchmakers in Italy seems to be variable. Some "recently serviced" ones I have bought has not lived up to expectations, and the movements have not been treated kindly either. Another issue with all Mediterranean climate countries are the exposure to humidity and heat. This will take its toll on a watch if not treated carefully.
    Summary: It is possible, but I would be very careful.

9. speedyfan Jan 23, 2014

I got a 105.003 from another Omega forum member located in Italy and it was no problem getting it out of the country but from the stories on here that is not always the case it seems.

10. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Jan 23, 2014

After chasing an Omega Homage 1894 for almost a decade I found one NOS about a year ago in located Ascoli Piceno Italy. It was offered by an estate liquidator with no USA references. Additionally they would only accept payment, greater than what's involved here, by bank wire transfer. Absolutely no PayPal!

I asked so many questions and requested so many different scans that the seller got to the point of "s..t or get off the pot". This went on for weeks. Obviously I made a deal and delivery was prompt. Customs paid by UPS then collected when it was delivered but best of all the watch was everything as promised ;-) Miki

11. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 23, 2014

Value seems fair enough given the condition and the two bracelets.

12. flame Speedmaster Neil Jan 23, 2014

Hi

Hmmm....too expensive I feel....replacement hands , those lugs don't look too square at the ends , incorrect end pieces and is that semi-expandable BCT a little short on one side (can't make out where it's located in the clasp) ?

More like £3k GBP....

Best - Neil

13. Unwound Jan 23, 2014

If you do purchase the watch, I would really appreciate it if you would kick down that "crown in a bag" my way!

14. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Jan 23, 2014

Not to sidetrack, but since we have some decent photos, would you share how you can determine these hands are replacement? Is it the color of the lume, or shape, or...maybe I just shut it and let you answer. Thanks!

15. flame Speedmaster Neil Jan 23, 2014

Hi

More of a gut feeling when compared to the condition of the watch overall....

Best - Neil

16. dj_lotto Jan 24, 2014

here I am

my watch is on sale and it is in Italy

I wrote that, because I wanted to get accept tenders contacts, I do not want to overstate the clock, but just pass it to another enthusiast

I'm not a dealer

If I'm wrong, I apologize

All that aside, I agree that the minimum amount is € 3000 for the only watch, + 500 € bracelet 1035-1501 + 100 € for the original crown, + EUR 200 for jb champion + shipping

In total € 3,800 € + shipping

I'll be happy to respond to those who want to contact me in email ([email protected]).

Thanks and sorry for the intrusion and for my bad English.

But I hope I have clarified

17. Onfullblast Feb 15, 2014

18. rolexfantastic Feb 16, 2014

Not a bad choice...

19. Onfullblast Feb 16, 2014

Thanks Rolexfantastic. I'm a newbie to Speedmasters, I now see how they are addictive.
    I picked up this Lorenz out of Italy a few years back hopefully the eagle will land trouble free.

image.jpg