Thoughts on purchasing this watch

It’s a Geneve, but it’s one of the models that was made entirely in 18k gold. I know the later Geneve models weren’t as great as the originals, so I wanted to ask if anyone knew the time period this one was made, and if it’s one of the older ones that were better constructed. Also, what do you think the price point should be? Just trying to make sure I’m not overspending.

Thanks for reading!

Welcome

were you seeking a men’s or women’s style watch?

Welcome

were you seeking a men’s or women’s style watch?
Hi, it’s the watch in the photos. It’s a women’s watch.

You're talking about price. What's the price?

This is one of the later ones, caliber 625.

Just making sure you knew it was small

melt value plus $50USD
I do, I have very small wrists, so larger watches tend to swallow them.

Serial dates it to circa 1978. It’s not worth a lot, I’m with the melt plus a few bucks option. These are not watches that get (mostly male) collectors excited.
Edited:

This is one of the later ones, caliber 625.
Ah, I see. Is there anything else you can tell me about it?
Thanks for the response!

Serial dates it to circa 1978. It’s not with a lot, I’m with the melt plus a few bucks option. These are not watches that get (mostly male) collectors excited.
I see. Thank you for the response. I’m have a few smaller omegas that I love, but I’m certainly not on the level of a collector. Also, I’m female haha.

Ah, I see. Is there anything else you can tell me about it?
Thanks for the response!

The crystal is a synthetic sapphire, known as "Saphettes" these have been produced in many different styles since the early 1950s.

As others have noted the asking price is wildly out of line with actual value.

We have several other women who are active on the forum, perhaps they will chime in later.

This is a fairly large watch movement at 17.5mm. Most coctail watches are between 8 and 14mm. More of a dress watch. Still fairly small by today's standards.

Price is as others said, melt value plus a few bucks for the movement. I got a nice 620 for 3 bucks recently. I also got a large lot of movements probably from scrapped cases. So there is not much value in the movement.

This is a nicer example. Omega really had some nice designers, even when the whole industry was collapsing around them. Pretty amazing that there were models what contained automatic and calendar options in this size range. Same build quality as the larger more desirable watches. 625 though was made late in the game, and corners were cut when compared to the 620. Some of these movements were put in the lower end square and rectangular cases.

Today we might think of these as unisex models. They are also sized well for older children or teenagers.

Welcome to the forum,
even as a woman’s watch it will be very tîny on the wrist, a bit like a button.

I’m a woman too, I’m not sure what your budget is but if I were looking for a gold Omega I would consider the gold Constellation that’s was just withdrawn from sale in the private sales forum. It’s probably a significant budget though.

https://omegaforums.net/threads/del...nstellation-with-diamonds-at-3-6-9-12.171885/
Edited: