Forums Latest Members

Thoughts on Pre-Bond 200M Quartz?

1. bish789 Aug 22, 2014

2. Nitzbar Will sell any watch tougher than him. Aug 22, 2014

I personally like the Bond watches that came in later years better. How do you feel about it compared to some of the other watches you have been looking at?

3. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead Aug 22, 2014

Nice watch and quite under rated, I just flipped one but I think another will be on the cards at a later date. Make sure the strap is in good condition because it's dedicated to the watch so leather isn't an option.

4. bish789 Aug 22, 2014

I have a 1970's Seastar in for service at the moment. But this is going to be an expensive hobby methinks. Basically down to affordability. Does the watch look ok, price not too stupid? Hard finding good "modern" watches for a reasonable sum.

5. msp1518 Aug 22, 2014

My Omega Seamaster Pro 200 "Pre-Bond" is always on my wrist. I absolutely love it. These are way underrated and a big bang for your buck. I'm saving some cash each month for my mom's retirement gift and hope to find her a full sized quartz Pre-Bond with the champagne dial.

The two toned band can be a bit obnoxious for a man and is clearly dressy, but that gold bezel is sweet. The all stainless band is preferable for daily wear.

This is my own, a full sized two-toned quartz. Since this was taken it's been serviced. Sorry about the iPhone quality pic. With such a large snap it really makes the watch look worse than it is. On the wrist you simply do not see scratches or marks. It's stunning. And yes, I do take it in the water.

[​IMG]

This was one of the auction pics for my watch that caught my eye...
    [​IMG]

6. bish789 Aug 22, 2014

I think the one i've put the link to is a second generation because of the hands. Just concerned about the price. They are a lovely watch.

7. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Aug 22, 2014

I love these pre-bond seamasters. I have both the quartz and auto versions. heres a pic of the auto. DSC_0130.JPG

Tako Yaki and dmg19762003 like this.
  8. bish789 Aug 22, 2014

Hi Dennis. Beautiful watch. Any pics of the quartz?

9. msp1518 Aug 22, 2014

I much prefer the Mercedes hands. Just a personal preference.

That particular piece looks a little wonky. I am unsure of that piece for sale. Something looks strange about the crystal in those shots. It could just be lousy pictures.

Check eBay and search broadly because these are frequently listed as Pre-Bond or just Seamaster 200 or Seamaster 200m, or Seamaster Pro 200m, etc. There are always a good assortment of Pre-Bonds for sale. Lots of sellers are on drugs and expecting top dollar, but let them wait it out. Plenty of very nice models come up for auction, including a genuine NOS from time to time.

10. bish789 Aug 22, 2014

Thanks. Out of curiosity, and being a newbie, what is NOS?

11. msp1518 Aug 22, 2014

New Old Stock. Two sold a few months back on eBay. Both full sized autos with gold Mercedes hands and gold bezel. One with the all stainless bracelet for $1500 and ironically, a few weeks later one with the two tone bracelet for $1200. I wanted to scream at missing out on that one, but I had just bought my own Pre-Bond and could not justify the expense.

12. bish789 Aug 22, 2014

Thanks for that. Don't feel foolish anymore now. Trying to get as much as I can with my available funds. Probably being very impatient. (I NEED ONE……NOW), well that's what I keep telling myself. Been at home with a broken arm for three weeks and am getting Omega blind on the web. It's good though.

Stu-Silver likes this.
  13. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead Aug 22, 2014

I really like these pre bonds and I prefer the sword hands, if you get the later model it comes with the double lock bracelet and non concave case back as well.

14. bish789 Aug 22, 2014

I will have one shortly…………..

15. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Aug 22, 2014

the price for the quartz largely depends on the movement. the thermo-compensated 1441 watches generally fetch a lot more than the later ones.
    the downside is they have to go back to omega in bienne if anything goes wrong.

16. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Aug 23, 2014

2014-08-23 14.37.43.jpg

Yaki Niku likes this.
  17. bish789 Aug 23, 2014

Lovely. You could donate it to a worthy cause if you like. Me!!

18. Birky101 Apr 26, 2016

[​IMG]I've just got a 1991 model and can't take it off

Sent from my Harrier Tab from EE using Tapatalk

Yaki Niku likes this.
  19. arkstfan Apr 26, 2016

Not being able to swap it off the bracelet would be a deal breaker for me.
    Not that I'm anti-bracelet but because I'm hard on bracelets in my desk jockey job, being able to swap to a strap to preserve the bracelet is more to my liking.

It's one of the great quartz watches in my opinion.

20. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 26, 2016

Hi

I always like these as we'll.... Been watching them on the ebay... Saw one got into it with a seller . I must have pissed him off good..... As he blocked me from bidding or buying but he kept asking too much for the watch .....

I been watching this one since October last year ..... He would raise and then lower the buy it now price between 1100 and 1500 ... No rhyme or reason...,,

Then one day he dropped it lower ... I thought ok just do it... I tried and could not !
    I quickly tried to call a buddy in the city , he was out. Of town ...another friend moved to Europe.. i tried a friend in CT.. I was lucky he was home and on the computer.....

Still have to make a road trip to pick it up ..
    Good hunting

Bill Sohne
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Yaki Niku and Tako Yaki like this.