Forums Latest Members

Thoughts on Planet Ocean GMT 2016 (black & white one!)

1. watchstuff Feb 4, 2017

Hello!

Thinking about picking one of the new GMTs up. What's the consensus on the watch amongst you guys? Haven't found any(well many!) wrist shots of it. I imagine it hasn't been the most popular, but I think I love it.

2. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Feb 4, 2017

Have you seen it in person? I highly recommend you go to an Authorized Dealer or Omega Boutique and try it on. (Not saying there is anything wrong, seeing it in the metal can make or break it for people).

Oh and
    [​IMG]

nygiants, River, George.A and 2 others like this.
  3. watchstuff Feb 4, 2017

This one :)

[​IMG]

IAm_KY, George.A and Jwit like this.
  4. watchstuff Feb 4, 2017

I saw it -very- fleetingly in its plastic wrapping, for around 30 seconds. They were about to close and I definitely wasn't buying then, so I didn't bother them. So... not really seen it properly, no, but what I did see seemed positive!

5. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 4, 2017

Nothing says regret like spending 7k on something you've not tried on based on other people's opinions.

6. watchstuff Feb 4, 2017

I am going to try it. I am just curious what other people think of it!

7. kilofinal Feb 4, 2017

Looks nice!

8. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 4, 2017

I was messing with you ;)

Neat watch not for everyone. White ceramic is an acquired taste.

watchstuff likes this.
  9. watchstuff Feb 4, 2017

::shy:: Sorry.

Funnily enough, you saying white ceramic reminded me of the new Apple Watch. Quite black and white too when screen is factored in. Not a bad thing, I guess... !

Seems like it genuinely divides people, from what I've picked up on anyway. I am almost sure I will love it when I see it properly, the hi-res images make me mega happy. I half wish it wasn't GMT because I think they look a little busy, but then a black and white watch like this is anything but subtle anyway.

10. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Feb 4, 2017

Just from looking at pics online I don't love this watch like I do the other PO models. It is a very very sterile looking watch. Simultaneously it looks cartoon-ish as well. I think the GMT hand blends in too much and could lead to a misread time at a (very quick) glance.

Foo2rama likes this.
  11. night0wl Feb 4, 2017

For a PO I like this one first and then the Blue. I'm a speedmaster type myself but I had tossed around the idea of buying this one specifically.
    At the end of the day it's about what you want not what others want. If it's pleasing to the eye and wrist for you do you actually care what others think?

Jwit likes this.
  12. Riviera Paradise Feb 4, 2017

I have seen this watch live, the first time was at the Omega House in Rio during the Olympics and then at the my local OB. Live and close-up I found the black and white ceramic bezel boring and I would never choose this watch over a Rolex GMT (pre-ceramic or post-ceramic). I am still waiting for Omega to do a truly awesome GMT watch.

Jwit likes this.
  13. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Feb 4, 2017

I like the all black one better personally.

Screenshot_20170204-212556~2.png

Jwit and marcn like this.
  14. night0wl Feb 4, 2017

It just doesn't have a rotating GMT bezel.

15. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Feb 4, 2017

GMT (inner track) and diver bezel on one watch. What's not to love?

MTROIS and Foo2rama like this.
  16. Spectre Feb 4, 2017

I really like the black and white and bought one from a forum member. Should be here Tuesday.

Jwit likes this.
  17. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Feb 4, 2017

Congrats on the purchase! There's something for everyone out there... post pics when it arrives, OP wants wrist shots and I do too:D

Spectre likes this.
  18. night0wl Feb 5, 2017

I like both honestly.

For me if the bezel turns, any hour can be set to correspond to the GMT hand allowing for timing second time zone quickly and/or for multiple zones. I suppose you could unscrew the crown and move the hour hand, or count, but a moving bezel on a GMT watch is easier for me. Unless I just am missing something?

If I was actually diving I wouldn't care what time it was in Hong Kong and would care more about my decompression zones and wouldn't be looking at the above white/black reference for diving. Besides the only diving I do is into datacenters.

19. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 5, 2017

There is a valid argument that if you need the an He valve diver the GMT makes more sense.

night0wl likes this.
  20. jcmartinez98 Feb 5, 2017

Tried it on this past summer in Amsterdam

Loved it in person

IMG_5033.JPG