Thoughts on Omega sub-second 1944-46 9ct gold

Hi, just got this beauty! I was wondering if you have any thoughts on it, or wisdom to point out (if there is anything weird you see). The caliber seems like a T30 or some version, any ideas?
Thank you!

Welcome

What exactly were you looking for when you bought this watch?

Here are some more pictures
Welcome

What exactly were you looking for when you bought this watch?
Hi, I was looking for a dressier vintage watch that was ideally made of gold. I think it looks better and I don't mind paying some extra for the gold as the value is more stable. It is not a watch to wear every day but perhaps once or twice a week if the occasion calls for it

Redialled 13322 from 1946-7. Looks OK but it's not one a collector will chase hard because of redone dial. Movement is the 30T2 which is the same as the slightly later 260. How much did you pay? Whether you did OK will rather depend on this last factor.

Redialled 13322 from 1946-7. Looks OK but it's not one a collector will chase hard because of redone dial. Movement is the 30T2 which is the same as the slightly later 260. How much did you pay? Whether you did OK will rather depend on this last factor.
Hi, I see thank you for the input! I paid £400 (500$) in an auction. Does not seem extortionate if everything else seems good, though the seller did not mention the redial.

Hi, I see thank you for the input! I paid £400 (500$) in an auction. Does not seem extortionate if everything else seems good, though the seller did not mention the redial.

They never do........appears it was printed on with a Sharpie.

That is why I asked my question.....if you were chasing gold then you also need to know that 9kt is a low gold content value. Maybe $100 USD in this day. $50 for the movement.

Wisdom to impart? Maybe read all through our Omega Forum and attune your eyes to known original Omega Watches. Many threads with many pictures and there's even a Thread dedicated to pointing out nice Omega watches at auction(e*ay).
Edited:

I agree, that isn't excessive for a solid 9K Omega. Clean and all original 13322s fetch more like £600 so you did alright, although of course a lot will depend on whether it needs an immediate service, hopefully not.

You didn't buy this to scrap it presumably so its melt value isn't hugely important but that said I think the figures Tex gives are pessimistic. My estimate of the weight of a Dennison case is maybe ~10g so I'd put the gold value in it at more like £200 ($250). 9K might be slightly under what the Americans consider the minimum purity for gold (they start at 10K in fact) but it's still valuable, circa £20pg in fact, and much of the world is perfectly happy with it as a standard.
Edited:

My $100 was net to the OP if he sells to a middleman.
Well the man in the street here in Birmingham can get £20pg so there isn't much call for the middleman, but I agree it rather depends on where you live and how competitive the buyers are, some are much less so than others. Full spot for 9K is currently just over £22pg.

They never do........appears it was printed on with a Sharpie.

That is why I asked my question.....if you were chasing gold then you also need to know that 9kt is a low gold content value. Maybe $100 USD in this day. $50 for the movement.

Wisdom to impart? Maybe read all through our Omega Forum and attune your eyes to known original Omega Watches. Many threads with many pictures and there's even a Thread dedicated to pointing out nice Omega watches at auction(e*ay).
Hi thank you all for the comments and input. I reached out to the seller and they agreed to let me return the item. I am really grateful for the input as otherwise I would have unknowingly had a not fully original one! I will keep looking. Out of interest, how did you know that the dial was not the original? Is there some resource to look at dials by year of introduction? I know Omega has an archive but many of the older models do not come with pictures.
Thank you!

Read my answer that you quoted.

enjoy the adventure
Yes, I meant a more systematic approach, some sort of database so there is less human error (especially by people who are not experts like myself!) Regardless thank you for the suggestion!

There isn't a short cut, searching and comprehensive reading of this forum is about the best research resource you will find for Omega watches. There are written references that are excellent but since most of the authors of those contribute here you may as well do it in one place. If you specifically want to look at Dennison cased British watches like the one you show above for instance, a quick search shows this:

https://omegaforums.net/threads/the-dennison-cased-omega-thread.113311/

Yes, I meant a more systematic approach, some sort of database so there is less human error (especially by people who are not experts like myself!) Regardless thank you for the suggestion!

We have all been where you are at now.

There are 2 ways to proceed:

1. Read, study and learn to separate the wheat from the chaff, spending your time and energy.
More cost efficient
2. Pay someone else who has used their time and energy to find, present and sell to others
Less cost efficient

Either way, this Forum can assist(as you learned, sometimes sellers can mislead) but we expect a bit of effort to show through any postings requesting said assistance.

This effort helps the poster, members and all the pictures and discussion will also help future persons as a bonus.

Welcome to the Forum