Forums Latest Members

This scammer’s game is weak...amusing though

1. asrnj77 Jan 14, 2018

So I see a Tudor 7149 Monte Carlo listed for 8k. Is this the deal of the century?? Unlikely but worth an email to hear his story. The option for face to face transaction is not the normal scammer terms but they’re evolving.

My first email to him asks whether the watch is still for sale.

He responds “yes it is. Where are you located?”

I tell him USA and I’d like more recent pics. He tells me he’s in California (I didn’t ask him what he’s doing at 5am PST).

He responds “So sorry if this tends to be a dealbreaker I understand and wish you do the same. Watch has already been registered with FedEx and I think it’s beyond their company’s policy. But I have other pictures I can provide which are not listed on the ad, with serial number to follow. As well,

Kindly advise

Let your light shine as brightly as it could so that you might illuminate the way for others to follow.”

I’m having fun now and ask why FedEx won’t allow him to send pictures? I told him I’m ready to meet and do a face to face deal (per his ad). I am not familiar with giving expensive watches to FedEx to hold for me until I’m ready to sell. I only do this with USPS..lol

He responds “I don’t think that will be possible as I have given them an order to make delivery once I provide them with location of the buyer. You can pass if that won’t work out.

Let your light shine as brightly as it could so that you might illuminate the way for others to follow.”

My light has shone brightly enough on this one...lol

His ad if you’re interested http://chronocentric.com/forums/chronotrader/index.cgi?id=81096&md=read&page=1

Speedmasterfan88 likes this.
  2. sdre Jan 14, 2018

Not sure if scammer, but someone's currently a Heuer Carrera Reissue 1964 CS3111, and I've been going back and forth with him about shipping and taxes and paypal fees.

We agreed on 2500 USD, but he wants ME (the buyer) to pay for HIS insurance, and he wants me to pay through paypal friends and family. He says that it's because of the under declaring of goods shipped to Singapore (I asked him to do 750-800 USD) and that he cannot insure for full amount. (fair enough)

So I said why not go parcelpro? I've shipped my 62MAS reissue through that, paid 10 bucks for insurance cause i underdeclare but Parcelpro covers the full insurance item... he says they are the same as USPS. =O

He says that he has sent watches to Indonesia before and it goofed up and got lost. (I'm in Singapore).

So I explained to him, I don't mind splitting shipping and insurance with him (I believe in karma, be nice to someone and people will be nice to you), but i'm not wiring him anymore or doing paypal friends and family! That leaves me completely unprotected. (His last sale on watchuseek was in May 2017)

He still insists that I pay through wire/PPFF and that I pay for his insurance.

I gave up and told him GLWS.

Jeez

3. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 15, 2018

I thInk he’s more worried shipping to Indonesia.

4. sdre Jan 15, 2018

I can understand that. Anyone would. So I explained to him he could do it via parcelpro.

He insists on PayPal friends and family too.

Foo2rama likes this.
  5. bjmcfp Feb 1, 2018

I dealt with this same guy named "Brad Clement" on another Monte. Sad really. However they keep coming back so I am sure,that they are sharing people. After I realized his scam and the fake reference emails provided by him were also part of the scam, I played along by asking for a proof of life photo which was poorly photoshopped. I then dragged on for a few days and offered to meet in person. It was fun. I then posted all the emails used by him on another forum and got a call last night from a guy in Toronto thanking me. He was about to wire and wanted to do one more check and he found my post and recognized 2 of the emails. My good karma deal.

sdre, jaspert, jerryct and 1 other person like this.
  6. bjmcfp Feb 1, 2018

Never wire without recourse or reputation.....you need a connection. Every time i have in the past i was always sorry. Learn from me. Avoid it. This game is fun if you are cautious. However the longer you are in the greater the chance you will run into a scam.

sdre likes this.
  7. bjmcfp Feb 1, 2018

Also, I used to use PayPal friends funded with a CC. Thinking the CC would protect me. IT WILL NOT IF THE ITEM IS USED. Avoid that method.

Baz9614 likes this.
  8. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Feb 1, 2018

Just for kicks I responded to an ad on Craigslist recently for a well-underpriced chronograph. Still available, willing to ship FedEx, but won't provide his full name or phone number because "I was scammed the last time I spoke with a buyer on the phone".

::facepalm1::

MaiLollo, Mr.Cairo, frederico and 2 others like this.
  9. sevenhelmet Feb 1, 2018

I swear these guys all sound the same. I would write him back and tell him the funds are in an escrow account, and you need his full name plus bank account and routing numbers to obtain authorization to send the funds to him. Be sure to use pidgin English and make yourself sound as hopelessly ensnared in bureaucracy as possible. Remember, it's not your fault as the buyer, it's the bank's process. ::bleh::

We should collectively contact these scammers on a coordinated basis, start a bidding war, and then evaporate on the eve of the sale and leave them without a buyer. Give them a taste of their own medicine. :mad:

Edited Feb 1, 2018
    NyCSnEaK, jaspert and bjmcfp like this.
  10. asrnj77 Feb 3, 2018

11. WYO_Watch Feb 4, 2018

I love his responses to the negative feedback.... yeah someone spent a few grand to leave you bad feedback for fun ::screwloose::