Forums Latest Members
  1. Fost Jul 9, 2014

Hello Guys,

It is my first message on this forum but i am reading you for a long time now. A lot of speedmaster addict with strong knowledge are current member here so i decided to show you what will certainly be my new speedy.

First, it is not a perfect one, most of you may not have the same judgement as me but i was always interested in 'not perfect' watches . To summarize i like old ladies which looks like....old ladies :)

But it is always interesting to have feedback from other speedmaster fan when we talk about pre-moon.

So, here it is:

[​IMG]

Tropical is not so far...

[​IMG]

I will have more pics soon, but even if i will have to find a DON bezel and certainly to change the crown, this one has really a something...

Am I wrong?

Dash1 and ock2915 like this.
  2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 9, 2014

:eek: ::jumpy:: ::love::

I'm a Speedmaster tragic (one who loves the Speedie) but by no means am I any sort of authority.

However, you have come to the right place for expert appraisal of your trio, there are a few Speedologists and a couple of Speedicians who can give you an accurate diagnosis.

3. Fost Jul 9, 2014

the trio is not mine, but from the seller :) i will only pick up the 003 without the 1171 :)..i think..;)

(

4. mac_omega Jul 9, 2014

concerning ladies: I prefer young ladies which look like young ladies... :p

Gavin and dsio like this.
  5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 9, 2014

Yeap, little to no patina, no refinishing, and ideally not from a dealer.

watchyouwant and Stewart H like this.
  6. JohnSteed Jul 9, 2014

The 003 dial we see looks nice and certainly should land on your wrist (at the right price). Seems it would be a good pickup now but could change if the movement is shot.

IMHO See and Analyze the movement BEFORE you consider buying and post pics here for input !!

7. Fost Jul 9, 2014

Mouvement is nice and was just servicing few month ago. Serial is 20525...in accordance with the 105003 range i think.

[​IMG]

8. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Jul 9, 2014

Hopefully this photo was from before the service with all of that dirt.

9. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Jul 9, 2014

the regulator has been set to slow.....a lot..... maybe the wrong mainspring? kind regards. achim

JohnSteed likes this.
  10. JohnSteed Jul 9, 2014

From this pic doesn't seem the movement was serviced ... So given claim of service STILL factor that into pricing, as it seems you'd get a service done yourself.

11. Fost Jul 9, 2014

Thanks for your advise, price was really acceptable even if i have to get a service done bye myself. Keep good time as as far as i got it this morning, everything runs smoothly. I will see. And this speedy is really nicer in my hand compare to the pics. I am really happy today!

and i was suprise to see that the plexi is not a service one :)

watchyouwant likes this.