This darn citizen

I’m self abstaining from watch purchases as I’d like to get something a bit nicer later in the year however this darn citizen is really calling me. I forget the reference off hand but it’s a real struggle not to push the but button.

Pretty sure it’s just a myiota movement but that would not bother me much. I really appreciate dials and like unique/different ones. I want it, I hate it

889074A7-6355-4D00-8776-9DCF6F5A9239.jpeg B8E80B84-F1CD-4F66-9E61-353D43E37736.jpeg 4A9925A3-1483-4F98-B448-B1BDAC69218E.jpeg

Like 19
Took me a minute to find it as it isn’t on the Citizen website. Beauty, powered by Myiota 9xx movement. Nice watch. Let’s us know if you grab it @Walrus !

Like 2
That looks awesome. Citizen has been putting out some interesting stuff lately.

Did you see the Washi paper dial watches with the A060 movement? I believe they are rated to +/- 5 seconds per year.

CitizenAQ4091-56M-06_800x.jpg

CitizenAQ4091-56M-03_800x.jpg

Like 2
That looks awesome. Citizen has been putting out some interesting stuff lately.

Did you see the Washi paper dial watches with the A060 movement? I believe they are rated to +/- 5 seconds per year.

CitizenAQ4091-56M-06_800x.jpg

CitizenAQ4091-56M-03_800x.jpg
Was reading about these when they first came out. At the time I think the article stated they were the most accurate auto watch. I don’t know if that’s still true but even look wise they are killer. I know citizen doesn’t get the credit they deserve (from me) but they are making some great watches. I would really like to add a modern citizen to my collection as a matter of a fact I gave away the one vintage citizen I had to a new collector but damn I’m fixated on a number of references they are putting out.

Like 2
Do you have others you could sell to finance this one?
It’s beautiful but as I’ve often told myself back when I found tempting watches all the time, would this watch purchase be a game changer and stop me from wanting another?
the answer was always no— and it helped me resist temptation many times.

Of the many watches I did not buy, there’s only a handful I now really regret not buying — and it’s really interesting how many I forgot or remember without caring.

Like 6
I bought a similar washi paper dial from a microbrand ... but the Tsuyosa is looking mighty fine with the small seconds and funky dial. Not everyone will like the integrated design but even the one on the black strap looks pretty good. It's only an 8000 so it comes with the typical unidirectional, zippy rotor.

Like 1
Do you have others you could sell to finance this one?
It’s beautiful but as I’ve often told myself back when I found tempting watches all the time, would this watch purchase be a game changer and stop me from wanting another?
the answer was always no— and it helped me resist temptation many times.

Of the many watches I did not buy, there’s only a handful I now really regret not buying — and it’s really interesting how many I forgot or remember without caring.
Ha ha good thought. I have a couple people wanting to buy a cosmic and a constellation I actually put online for local sale. It’s in nice condition. But then I get stuck thinking “geez I got such a good deal on that cosmic I don’t think I’d find that again. You are 100% right though I really should move some of these things. When I joined here I was accused of trying to sell and be a flipper. It’s the exact opposite never sold one thing here bought several and still have everyone.

It would be much more prudent to sell a few watches to make room for something new. I like the cosmic and the constellation but they don’t get much wrist time. It would also prevent me from having to buy a 4th watch box. (Could be 5th) anyway wise thoughts from you I just got stuck in a “no sell” thing

Like 1
Oh that’s crazy I know this seller not personally but he comes through with nice things. Had this for 500, missed it by that much. I rarely see them come up used the timing is just kinda funny.

6D5597F8-9982-4065-B807-44CB17FD7298.jpeg

Like 2
This video was in my news link this am I figured interesting enough to post

Like 2
It's amazing. It's gorgeous. It's titanium. It's .... Wait ... What? $9,000 USD. Wow

Like 1
It's amazing. It's gorgeous. It's titanium. It's .... Wait ... What? $9,000 USD. Wow
Ha ha you gotta laugh at the prices of certain things (I wonder if they take Bitcoin)