Forums Latest Members

Third Generation SMPc: Future Classic?

1. gbesq Apr 26, 2019

I’m wondering what other OF members think about the prospects of the third generation SMPc becoming a future classic with value to collectors. I note that the third generation is the only model without the wave dial, having opted instead for the glossy resin dial. Personally, I have always thought that this was the most attractive version of the watch. I also note that prices on the grey market seem to be increasing for the third generation model as supply has begun to decrease with the introduction of the 2018 model. I paid $900 less for mine than the same grey market seller now has it listed for only five months later. Thoughts?

2. Donn Chambers Apr 26, 2019

I certainly hope so, because it’s the one I have! :)

3. padders Oooo subtitles! Apr 26, 2019

Honestly? Not so sure. The 2254 certainly, the 2531 maybe because it was the first of the breed. OK the 2255 is less universally adored but many myself included think Omega threw the baby out with the bath water with the 2500 models, particularly with the loss of the waves on the SMPc. If it works for you I am happy, but for me the 1120 models have yet to be surpassed and it is no surprise that values have firmed greatly since new.