Forums Latest Members
  1. Damien1984 Mar 18, 2017

I'm looking at buying the below watch however it does not have any papers.
    Does anyone know the year and model?
    How much is a fair a price?
    Thanks

IMG_1651.JPG IMG_1652.JPG IMG_1653.JPG
  2. tyrantlizardrex Mar 18, 2017

What has your research uncovered? ::popcorn::

We're all happy to help, but you have to learn to help yourself first. ::facepalm1::

3. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Mar 18, 2017

And just to satisfy my curiosity, not the OP's, is the large "930" on the endlinks usual? And the Omega symbol stamp on the periphery of the caseback?

Edited Mar 18, 2017
  4. tyrantlizardrex Mar 18, 2017

I've not seen them like that before...

Ok, I'll bite - I don't know if this one is legit, but it's supposed to be a 2255.80.00 from the look of it, 41mm auto.

5. tyrantlizardrex Mar 18, 2017

Ok, searching for one with the big stamped links, and the "hologram" on the caseback pulls up a ton of Asian fakes.

With that in mind, a fair price is to take it from the seller, pop it into a vice, and crab it into tiny pieces.

6. tyrantlizardrex Mar 18, 2017

Looking again, there are real ones with these characteristics too.

It's late, I don't care enough to expend any more effort, I'm going to bed.

Night John boy.

7. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Mar 18, 2017

Night night :thumbsup:

8. Damien1984 Mar 19, 2017

The model is 2255.80.00
    I have been offered the watch for £800 does that seem a fair price? This would be my first watch purchase to be honest.
    Any advice would be appreciated.

9. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Mar 19, 2017

My advice:
    Now you know the model number, this link has all the info you need
    Www.google.co.uk

10. padders Oooo subtitles! Mar 19, 2017

It is legit despite what the sleepy lizard says, both big 930 and caseback logo are correct for 2005-2008 2255.80. The price is very fair unless it needs an immediate service in which case it is merely OK since that will be a further £380 if you go via Omega. The earlier 2000-2005 models had no logo and the 930 was much smaller and off to one side.

Edited Mar 19, 2017
    tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  11. Damien1984 Mar 19, 2017

I have no reason to suspect it's not legit the purchase is from a work colleague from work. He said its 2008 watch. The condition looks ok a few light scratches on the clasp. It seems to be keeping time well

12. tyrantlizardrex Mar 19, 2017

If you had all the information that you asked for in the first post, what did you need us for?

Too lazy to google/look at soldprices on ebay yourself?

Sheesh. ::facepalm1::

13. Damien1984 Mar 19, 2017

I didn't have all the information, I had to look through many posts and photos. I only wanted some help and guidance before I go ahead with the purchase. I thought people who use a watch forum wouldn't mind giving some help to a new member.

14. Damien1984 Mar 19, 2017

I also couldn't find this model on eBay all the sold items seem to have a coloured bezel.

15. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Mar 19, 2017

IMG_2959.PNG

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  16. tyrantlizardrex Mar 19, 2017

Sure, were purely a service to new members who can't be be bothered to do their own research before asking for help.

That's exactly how we all gained our knowledge about everything right?

Just sat and waited to be told the answers. ::facepalm1::

For context, I had to use google to find pictures of the watch you posted to find similar ones, and then to find the reference number, and from there information.

We're Watch enthusiasts, not a reference source.

17. padders Oooo subtitles! Mar 19, 2017

Damien, the reason you are getting a bit of a terse welcome is twofold. Firstly we have had a spate of traders/pickers posting recently who just want some free pricing advice and generally give us a bullshit story in order (they think) to soften us up. I don't think you fall into that category since you didn't mention and inheritance from an uncle hence my hopefully helpful response but when joining a new forum like this it is always a good idea to introduce yourself first, there is a thread just for that purpose as then people feel less like they are being taken for a ride and that you may actually stick around for more than 5 minutes. Like I say, you are suffering some of the scorn which by rights is deserved elsewhere.

In answer to your original query, ask yourself why your colleague is selling. It is most likely because the watch needs a service (they need one at least every 5-7 years) and these days that is very expensive. The price he is asking isn't bad but that is just the up front cost. I would buy that at the price you mention, in fact I would snap his hand off but then I have access to cheap servicing because I have done my homework and have experience of this model:

[​IMG]

18. Damien1984 Mar 19, 2017

ok you have made your argument, like I said I was looking for some friendly advice! All the watches I have seen so far on EBay are buy it now prices which doesn't mean they will sell for that price. Also a lot of the watches for sale seem to be for sale abroad. I only located the model number this morning after using google. I don't really appreciate your comments about been lazy as this is not the case but like I said this is my first watch purchase and I wanted advice from someone who new about watches. I really didn't see the problem if someone wanted advice from me and I had the information I would help, I think some of you comments are unhelpful and if you are not willing to help why say anything at all?

19. Damien1984 Mar 19, 2017

Thanks padders I have decided to purchase the watch.

20. padders Oooo subtitles! Mar 19, 2017

Read what I said above, we are pissed off at being taken for a ride. What you say sounds reasonable in isolation but if a forum you cherished and contributed to were bombarded with 5 noobs a day asking for free advice so they can maximise their car boot sale profits never to be seen again your patience would wear thin. If you had introduced yourself initially all these guys would have welcomed you with open arms, as it is your message is lost in the noise from the bullshit artist traders.