Forums Latest Members
  1. michaelmc Jul 6, 2015

any obvious problems that should effect value? Thanks M image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

image.jpg
  2. gornati Jul 6, 2015

Well, had mine 105.003-64, the hands looks like are missing some patina, markers looks relumed, by perspective one of the pushers looks a little bigger than usual, check the movement number, straight lugs are great!

Dot over 90 bezel is correct!

3. michaelmc Jul 6, 2015

Thanks, finally got scans of movement image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

4. gornati Jul 6, 2015

Movement number checks with the year!

5. AAAKK First listing in the ΩF B2B phone book Jul 6, 2015

I think you need better pics in natural light to correctly assess this one. Lume looks stripped from the markers and case may be a little too polished for my liking but sort of hard to tell.

6. orbistat Jul 6, 2015

Surely that massive ding near 2 o'clock can't be considered as character? You couldn't even fit a new or less ugly bezel insert without beating it into that shape first!!

7. gornati Jul 6, 2015

Just FYI, this bezel was for sale on eBay few months ago... If I am not mistaken!

8. michaelmc Jul 6, 2015

Not sure about that, a friend bought it a couple weeks ago & I asked to see it. My opinion at that time was less than speedmaster101's value @ "running". I just wanted some unbiased opinions as I do like straight lugs. Thanks.

9. gornati Jul 6, 2015

Is running about $5k?

10. michaelmc Jul 6, 2015

Correct, 5-5500. But I'd think you would deduct for obvious ding on bezel or entire bezel plus wear on lug, needed service etc.

11. naidu Jul 7, 2015

This is a 105003-63 with correct "asymmetrical T" dial, serial number is ok for this reference. But the dial is not very attractive for me... (lume seems to be missing...)

Edited Jul 7, 2015
  12. Fer Seamaster Jul 7, 2015

I think tritium lume may deteriorate under certain conditions until becoming some kind of "dust" which may drop off, entering in the movement and causing, in the last stage, malfunctioning by intercepting the movement of gears. Although a nice cream patina in lume is always desirable, I would rather no lume at all to aged lume in poor condition.

In this case, dial would not be a problem for me but, in contrast, hands absence of patina is not matching the rest of the watch condition, so probably they are a latter replacement (they are currently available as spare parts).

13. naidu Jul 7, 2015

For me it's the contrary, dial's condition is the more important, while hands are not an issue... :)

14. Fer Seamaster Jul 7, 2015

:thumbsup: I think I have explained myself badly: For me dial it is also quite important (if not the most important feature in a watch), but I would rather no tritium at all to damaged or blackened lume.

In this particular watch, I think the tritium absence is not big issue in comparison to a posible hands replacement.

15. Davidt Jul 7, 2015

That watch should be well below the 'running' price IMO. The bezel is pretty poor and the dial has almost certainly had the lume removed, leaving no character or warmth which is a large part of the appeal of vintage watches.

It's hard to tell about the case but its looks to be refinished although most of these cases have been at some point and this one doesn;t look too bad.