Thinking about getting a G-Shock....

Hey all, I am considering a G-Shock and wondering if anyone out there has any feedback on certain models, or recommendations on others. I'm looking at the G-Steel series, models in the S/W 100 or 300 series. I like the smaller size of the 300 series but prefer the stainless bezel on the S110. (Sorry for any mistakes in numbering, there's a million models). I tried on the S110 this weekend at a local store and I think the larger size would be doable if necessary. At the time I was stuck on dual time, or I would've bought it on the spot.

I travel regularly and am often in harsh industrial environments. Seems to be a cool alternative to my Apple watch (which I wear when I can't wear something nice).

My criteria are: analog main dial, rubber strap, black/stainless colors only (may tolerate some color accents).

I like multiband6 and dual time function but they are not absolutes. I dislike the idea of bluetooth connectivity, prefer all functionality to be on the watch. Though I could be swayed if all else is just right. Would like to stay below $300 if possible.

Appreciate any feedback provided. Thanks in advance.

Not a fan of the digital. Makes me feel like I'm back in 6th grade, lol.

Not a fan of the digital. Makes me feel like I'm back in 6th grade, lol.

I remember having the same thought. However, like me, you may very well come back to it in the end after trying some of the uncomfortable, thick, poorly visible, and hideous monstrosities that you are considering. It is the classic G-shock, with tremendous visibility, an excellent strap, and a very efficient footprint.

38150690775_5b6cccde18.jpg

37052529843_53e0fcfea5_o.jpg

I prefer the Black Casio.

Check out this urban gentry review of the steel Gshock
. One takeaway is that the weight has gotten noticeable

I was worried about going digital only but it really is a classic. It also wears a lot better than you'd expect. Do give it a try.

I had one of the Full Metal that was launched last year.

726B09FB-F4F7-4D5C-8A90-AEFC454591C0.jpeg

It was intended as a beater for days and activities where vintage would be out of place. After a few wears I ended up selling it as I found the weight distracting. I did really enjoy the styling of though and intend to get a regular digital G-Shock for my next activity holiday.

I had one of the Full Metal that was launched last year.

726B09FB-F4F7-4D5C-8A90-AEFC454591C0.jpeg

It was intended as a beater for days and activities where vintage would be out of place. After a few wears I ended up selling it as I found the weight distracting. I did really enjoy the styling of though and intend to get a regular digital G-Shock for my next activity holiday.

My latest favorite is the GST-B200 which weighs 87g (versus the 177g for this one), so that’s not a concern. Thanks for the feedback though, that is a fairly heavy piece.

Kinda surprised at all the recommendations on the digital....

I haven't worn a digital watch for donkey's years, but I recently ordered this Casio for fun, to use for hiking and working out. It's not as good as some G-Shocks but I like the look of it, it's not too large, has 18mm lugs so a normal /NATO can be attached and it's very inexpensive.
maxresdefault.jpg

I bought but sent it back. To fiddly for me. I’m just an analog watch guy.

Kinda surprised at all the recommendations on the digital....

Original digital G-Shock such an iconic watch design IMO and something a lot of us would have grown up wearing or seen on the wrist of relatives. Also pretty basic in functionality, not too many gizmos with them

This is the current front-runner.

Pros: Size, analog, world time (also a requirement), strap/construction, price

Cons: Bluetooth, no dual time, availability seems low

upload_2019-9-9_11-10-36.png

This is mine. I don't wear it often, but when I do it's comfortable and enjoyable enough.

GShock-2-12-17.jpg

This is mine. I don't wear it often, but when I do it's comfortable and enjoyable enough.

GShock-2-12-17.jpg

Thanks, what model is that? I like the reverse display but still waivering on the digital.

Reviving this thread.....

Finally bought one. Got a good deal on a GST-S300G. Slightly smaller size and fits me well (6.75" wrist). Happy with it so far after one week.

71ykY9boXRL._UY879_.jpg

Tough watches, for sure. I've got a couple. Don't wear them often, but when I do, I feel like a Navy SEAL.

7189QtWxOgL._UX569_.jpg
This is one of the ones I have, just can't find a wrist shot...

Hey all, I am considering a G-Shock and wondering if anyone out there has any feedback on certain models, or recommendations on others. I'm looking at the G-Steel series, models in the S/W 100 or 300 series. I like the smaller size of the 300 series but prefer the stainless bezel on the S110. (Sorry for any mistakes in numbering, there's a million models). I tried on the S110 this weekend at a local store and I think the larger size would be doable if necessary. At the time I was stuck on dual time, or I would've bought it on the spot.

I travel regularly and am often in harsh industrial environments. Seems to be a cool alternative to my Apple watch (which I wear when I can't wear something nice).

My criteria are: analog main dial, rubber strap, black/stainless colors only (may tolerate some color accents).

I like multiband6 and dual time function but they are not absolutes. I dislike the idea of bluetooth connectivity, prefer all functionality to be on the watch. Though I could be swayed if all else is just right. Would like to stay below $300 if possible.

Appreciate any feedback provided. Thanks in advance.

Casio-G-Shock-AWGM100-Review-4.png
AWGM100B-1ACR
  • Solar Rechargeable Battery
  • Full Auto LED Light with Afterglow
  • Multi-Band Atomic Timekeeping (US, UK, Germany, Japan, China)
  • Black IP Stainless Steel & Resin Composite Band
  • 200M Water Resistant
When the zombies come, this is the watch to wear while you deal with the apocalypse!

$95

Casio-G-Shock-AWGM100-Review-4.png
AWGM100B-1ACR
  • Solar Rechargeable Battery
  • Full Auto LED Light with Afterglow
  • Multi-Band Atomic Timekeeping (US, UK, Germany, Japan, China)
  • Black IP Stainless Steel & Resin Composite Band
  • 200M Water Resistant
When the zombies come, this is the watch to wear while you deal with the apocalypse!

$95

You think the zombies will keep the atomic clock signals on-line? 😉