Things to do in Houston

Wicked timing for the trip. I'm on the west side of Houston and just got power back a few days ago (hence reviving last week's thread) after that storm. Obviously the whole city wasn't blacked out, otherwise that could really have ruined the trip.

Like 3
Y’all have already mentioned all the good, the bad, and the ugly that is Houston so …

… sweat is all I have to add.

Like 3
Don’t say your from California unless you want a certain type of “fun”

Like 1
Don’t say your from California unless you want a certain type of “fun”

Don't have to say anything, we know ;)

Like 1
Wicked timing for the trip. I'm on the west side of Houston and just got power back a few days ago (hence reviving last week's thread) after that storm. Obviously the whole city wasn't blacked out, otherwise that could really have ruined the trip.
He actually went there to fit some machinery in a factory, so it wasn't a holiday as such. Yesterday he went to the horse racing and he has visited the Johnson Space centre last Sunday.

I think he files back to Sweden on Sunday so hopefully the weather will be kind to him this weekend.

I wish I saw this sooner since I live in Houston. Everyone has said most of the things I would recommend. If he likes cocktails, then I recommend Julep on Washington Avenue. Probably the best bar in the city when it comes to cocktail drinks.

I'd also suggest a nice steakhouse if he has the money. Either Killen's or Pappas Steakhouse. Avoid anything owned by Landry's.

Like 2
I wish I saw this sooner since I live in Houston. Everyone has said most of the things I would recommend. If he likes cocktails, then I recommend Julep on Washington Avenue. Probably the best bar in the city when it comes to cocktail drinks.

I'd also suggest a nice steakhouse if he has the money. Either Killen's or Pappas Steakhouse. Avoid anything owned by Landry's.

Killens for sure.

I think he files back to Sweden on Sunday so hopefully the weather will be kind to him this weekend.
This weekend, the unofficial beginning of the summer and a holiday, is expected to be CRAZY busy for travelers. Combined with the condition of Bush airport (IAH), arriving early is highly recommended.

Like 1