Forums Latest Members
  1. OmegaCal66 Apr 29, 2016

Finding http://thewatchspotblog.com/ great place for info on less well known watches as well as the usual suspects, has anyone used Richard for repair?

Edited Apr 29, 2016
  2. Myron May 2, 2016

I've bought watches that he has serviced, and found his work to be top notch. He also assisted me in locating a hard-to-find part, which i thought was very generous of him considering I haven't yet been a direct customer.

On the subject of his blog, I often refer to it and really enjoy reading it. As a craftsperson myself, I understand the additional work it takes to stop at every step in a process to document, photograph, etc. A well-written blog is a pleasure to read and takes a lot of work to create.

Myron

OmegaCal66 likes this.
  3. OmegaCal66 May 3, 2016

Thanks Myron for your insightful comments; as you say you can tell a lot by peoples attention to detail. I have a watch in the pipeline that I bought with help from his site so I will contact him for an estimate when it arrives.

4. danomar May 3, 2016

Rich is tops. He carefully explains what he can and cannot do, he treats vintage pieces with the care they deserve, and he communicates effectively. He is the victim of his own success, however, so expect to wait a little while for a piece to get to its spot in the queue, but he rarely takes more than two months to get to something. Very highly recommended.

OmegaCal66 likes this.