Forums Latest Members

These alleged 1:1 knock offs.

1. corn18 Jun 3, 2019

Affirmative.

2. dabbispade Jun 3, 2019

Unfortunately the replicas are getting better and better and I’ve seen some dodgy watches for sale on the bay like Tudor Black bay watches where there is a clear difference in the lume and hands and so on.

3. dputydwg1 Jun 3, 2019

Per Steven Wright "It's a small world, but I'd hate to paint it."

Twocats and wsfarrell like this.
  4. Erinwaran Feb 8, 2023

The market for replica watches is definitely getting more advanced, with some replicas being so close to the real thing that even jewelers can be fooled. That's why I always do my research and try to inspect the watch in person before making a purchase. But just because a watch is advertised as a 1:1 replica, it doesn't necessarily mean it's of good quality. That's why I would always recommend checking out places like perfectreplicawatches where you can find reviews from other customers to make an informed decision. It's always better to be safe than sorry and invest in a reputable brand rather than risking your money on a fake.

Edited Feb 9, 2023
    sheepdoll likes this.
  5. janice&fred Feb 8, 2023

Jewelers? How about Rolex service centers? John Buckley (of Buckley dial fame), myself and a few other NYC watch hunters remember a few that passed muster at the Manhattan RSC complete with service receipts, and I'm talking almost 20 years ago. "Vintage" 1655's and subs with genuine movement, fake everything else including the bracelet. The fake components all came out of Vietnam. The only person we ran into who could detect them as copies was Janice's Godfather who cut his teeth at the Rolex service center in Manila for decades.

If one browses the night markets in Kowloon, there is usually a bunch of vendors selling loads of genuine vintage men's datejust and date cases. Guess what those movements went into?

JwRosenthal likes this.