Forums Latest Members
  1. aesguerra May 6, 2015

......... well, obviously not :p but I thought this play of light created such a convincing Gibbous Moon looking pattern on my dial.

[​IMG]

This would've gone in the Photo section of the boards, but let's poll, shall we? Would you buy a Speedy with the barest hint of the Moon imprinted on the dial?

As sacrilegious as I sound, I just might. :D

Alex

ekwong, Hijak, TLIGuy and 2 others like this.
  2. PatrickJ May 6, 2015

No, They did not go to the moon with a speedy with a pic of the moon on it.

This would make a great pic for WRUW today.

3. aesguerra May 6, 2015

Oh I know. :) The question was, "Would you buy a Speedy that had a faint picture of the Moon On the dial?"

4. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe May 6, 2015

What do you mean "might"? Just check moon to mars dial :p The moon is very clearly imprinted.....with bonus of earth and mars.

PatrickJ likes this.
  5. PatrickJ May 6, 2015

No I would not. Because the original speedy the astronauts went to the moon with did not have a picture of a moon on the dial. What is the point of having a man on the moon watch, if it is not true to the original. Ok they are variations on the original but in my opinion having pics of a moon on the dial is not good. However, suggest it to Omega they will go for it as it will be a great opportunity for them to cash in. Oh dear, just seen moon to mars dial.

Before you all shoot me down, I am a traditionalist and believe they should keep the dial original the same as the model that was on the moon. I am not a fan of all the variations like moon to mars, dark side of the moon etc.

Variations on a standard speedmaster are ok as long as you do not link it to the moon missions.

JUST MY OPINION YOUR OPINIONS MAY BE DIFFERENT

Edited May 6, 2015
    devnull and aesguerra like this.
  6. aesguerra May 6, 2015

Haha!

I'm gonna play with photoshop later to show what I'm thinking of.

Edited May 6, 2015
    PatrickJ likes this.
  7. guelerct May 7, 2015

I'm not a purist
    If the watch is awesome I will want it