The White Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch — Better Than The Silver Snoopy Award?

Omega-Speedmaster-Professional-310.30.42.50.04.001-white-dial-52.jpg

After Omega introduced several Speedmasters not aimed at Moonwatch enthusiasts (e.g. the Speedmaster Super Racing with Spirate technology and the updated Speedmaster Apollo 8), the white-dial Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch finally came out on March 6th, 2024. I use the word “finally” because Omega had already shown it in October 2023 on the wrist of former […]

Visit The White Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch — Better Than The Silver Snoopy Award? to read the full article.

Like 5
It does do more for me than the Snoopy.

No Hesalite or a solid case-back is a bummer to the purists.

Like 3
It is a gorgeous watch. Each to their own, but I prefer this over the snoopy. More in keeping with the OG version and understated elegance in IMG_4504.jpeg my opinion.

Like 3
I've handled this new 'hard white' version and it's nice, but not something I will be adding to the fleet. An Apollo 11 35th panda dial is sharper looking to me, and a more interesting watch overall. A solid back and hesalite crystal are a bonus, and an 1861 movement is just fine. But congrats to those who have the new white dial version.

Like 6
I've handled this new 'hard white' version and it's nice, but not something I will be adding to the fleet. An Apollo 11 35th panda dial is sharper looking to me, and a more interesting watch overall. A solid back and hesalite crystal are a bonus, and an 1861 movement is just fine. But congrats to those who have the new white dial version.
I am lusting after that panda dial. It looks so elegant and has a splash of red for those who like that colour.

I am lusting after that panda dial. It looks so elegant and has a splash of red for those who like that colour.
On a local watchforum (NL) I visit there's one currently FS, initial asking price €13.5k now down to 11.5k.

Like 1
On a local watchforum (NL) I visit there's one currently FS, initial asking price €13.5k now down to 11.5k.
RJ has one on the Fratello shop for 12,000 euros. The price of the limited Speedy pieces seems to have come down across the board.

I really have to sell before I can buy.

Can't wait to see my first one in the wild.

It's a beautiful watch. Got that prefectfully balanced Speedmaster esthetic. Not a statement about any Speedmaster LE but this new white dial doesn't have a hint of gimmicky. Just very classy.

I had a 3861 on strap but sold it. Seemed like a waste of money compared to my 1861 and 861s. But I can see a white Speedmaster as a fitting addition, provided it stops climbing in price.

I have the 1861 and couldn't justify buying the 3861 since they look very much alike. But - the white dial, the applied markers and logo, with the 3861 has me interested. Going to wait for the demand that comes with a new release to subside a bit, but will probably buy one unless something else makes me more interested. Got the 1861 for my 25th anniversary. My 30th is coming up in October. Hmmmmmm.

Comparing the Snoopy and white dial really is apples and oranges, if you ask me. I’d rather compare with the previously released panda dials as those share white as the base dial colour, black bezels and a clean esthetic without a decorated subdial.

As much as I loved the new white dial Speedy, I have passed on the opportunity to buy it. For now, this one (Tokyo 2020 LE) does for me.

IMG_4745.jpeg

Next to the Snoopy, that is, which is something totally different with the silver dial and blue bezel. :)

Like 3
To me it checked all the boxes, incredible stunning white lacquer face with applied markers & logo. New bracelet and the 3861 METAS movement that hacks..ventured out to a Rolex dealer to do a hands-on with a Polar explorer and was very disappointed. It's heavy, clumsy on the wrist and is kinda industrial looking, the casing on the Speedmaster is graceful and stylish with an understated elegance..Don't mind a Snoopy reference on the front but far prefer the exhibition back to the animated cartoon on the Snoopy. Didn't particularly care for the sales method of the The Rolex dealer either. My Omega AD didn't play games and apparently I'm getting a white Speedmaster in a month or so, really excited about it.

Like 2
I visited the local OB this afternoon. Always enjoy chatting with staff, who enthusiastically encouraged me to try on the new Speedmaster. The dial is a stunner. I quite liked the watch and it’s quite a cracking piece, as they say. I was wearing my 3570.50 at the time and compared the ‘feel’. While I prefer hesalite, I appreciated the decision to go sapphire on the white dial Professional. It felt great on, too. Still, I prefer the black dial Speedy and its subdials. That’s a good thing since I can’t afford it and there are other watches I’d want for that money. Nevertheless, it’s a winner and I cannot imagine being anything less than over the moon if you buy one.

IMG_6314.jpeg

I saw someone put a lumed ceramic bezel on the new Speedy and was blown away… absolutely gorgeous. I thought it was perfect before, but after seeing how the ceramic bezel complemented the white dial, I can’t get it out of my head!

Like 1
So, I own the 35th panda, the Snoopy and the white one. All three fantastic! I couldn't say which is the best of the three. The white should be a regular production, even if at the moment, at least in Italy, it can still only be purchased in boutiques. The Snoopy, even if it is not a Limited Edition, was in fact a very difficult version to purchase. The white has a superlative clarity of the dial, the contrast of the pure white with the contrasting black indexes and hands is wonderful. I repeat, they are all very beautiful. As for the 35th and falling prices, be careful and check the adverts carefully. The one on the FW Shop seems to be without the certificate of authenticity and the instruction booklet, at least that's what it seems when scrolling through the photos of the advert. Being a limited edition, in my opinion these are pieces that should only be purchased if they are truly full! In my opinion, a truly complete panda 35th at 12k cannot be found yet.

1000074762.jpg 1000074765.jpg 1000074766.jpg

Like 4

No, this isn't complete either! Indeed, the most important thing in a kit is missing: the guarantee cards! You have to pay more attention:
The cards are not indicated in the description and are not present in the photo, so they are not there.
Today A 35th in excellent condition and above all 100% complete at the prices you indicate (mistakenly) does not exist.
Edited:

The white Speedmaster is a winner. Looking forward to adding it to my collection is another year or two once the hype dies down.

At least we're not referring to it as the "Daniel Craig" anymore. White Speedmaster fits it just fine.

At least we're not referring to it as the "Daniel Craig" anymore. White Speedmaster fits it just fine.

Daniel who?

Like 2