The ULTIMATE vintage OMEGA database

Posts
26
Likes
34
Why am I even doing this to myself?! Anyway...

A while ago, I started a 'ULTIMATE' thread about Seamaster de Ville watches, compiling all known references for this model line. Around the same time, I started a similar thread about Constellation watches, that I never got to completion. A lot was happening in my life and referencing all Constellation references is quite a daunting task.

But I have a knack for databases and vintage OMEGA watches, so... well... to put it simply, I decided to compile all known vintage OMEGA references for all model lines. Sigh...

Here it is, there you go:

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AobXl9MifZNefE8TKPmguVcPRPM

Last update: 22 May 2025


I started with Desmond's invaluable OMEGA Constellation database and converted it to Excel, but I decided that the first column shouldn't be dedicated to the calibre but to the case reference number. Also, I am revising and expanding it. To start with, I added a few columns to compile more information about all these watches, then I added some Constellation references that, somehow, Desmond forgot. Like the Grand Luxe hooded lugs ref. 18781 with its diamond bezel:




While doing all this, I realised that everybody mixes case references and catalogue references, Desmond and myself included, and I decided to fix this by having two separate columns.

For instance, ST 366.0857 is the catalogue reference for case no. 166.0252, and BA 368.800 is the catalogue reference for the 18K gold 168.005 with a gold dial on a 18K gold bracelet (Grand Luxe). Because of this, some references appear several times in Desmond's database, both with their case reference and catalogue references, without making much sense. Having a column dedicated to each fixes this issue. I am still in the process of revising all these Constellation references, but at some point I wanted to venture away from the Geneva observatory and I decided to include all Seamaster de Ville references.



Then I got back to Constellations and when I wanted to take another break from them, I added some Seamasters. That was the occasion to include some personal favourites.

And then the Genèves wanted in, as did the Speedmasters and the Ploprof and the Seamaster 300 and the Railmasters and the Rancheros and now we have something that looks like a usable database.

The link above will be updated on a regular basis. Any observations or recommendations welcome.

Let it be a homage to Desmond's incredible work.
Love that dial
 
Posts
781
Likes
2,311
Hi guys I'm new here, maybe you guys can help me identify this watch. I recently bought an Omega Seamaster from an estate sale. I believe its from the late 1970s. It is in immaculate condition, it looks like it was unworn, runs perfectly and it still has the red dot on the back untampered, does anyone know the exact model? I dont want to open it because it will tamper the red seal





It's also known as the SHOM - Service Hydrographique et Océanographique de la Marine. Was a French gov't agency which produced maps and charts for divers.

Definitely a great watch and you can see where the new Planet Ocean took its inspiration from.
 
Posts
1
Likes
1
Nice catalog of vintage Omega. Was looking for this one I bought last year in Asheville but didn’t see it. It’s a 14k gold 14904 w/ 321 movement.

I’m actually considering selling it or trading for NTTD or a reverse panda vintage seamaster if anyone interested!

 
Posts
402
Likes
998
It's also known as the SHOM - Service Hydrographique et Océanographique de la Marine. Was a French gov't agency which produced maps and charts for divers.

Definitely a great watch and you can see where the new Planet Ocean took its inspiration from.
Not this one. The one that's commonly known as SHOM, is this Seamaster 200 (166.0177):
 
Posts
7
Likes
1
Hi guys I'm new here, maybe you guys can help me identify this watch. I recently bought an Omega Seamaster from an estate sale. I believe its from the late 1970s. It is in immaculate condition, it looks like it was unworn, runs perfectly and it still has the red dot on the back untampered, does anyone know the exact model? I dont want to open it because it will tamper the red seal





Did you end up keeping this or getting rid of it?
 
Posts
1
Likes
1
Why am I even doing this to myself?! Anyway...

A while ago, I started a 'ULTIMATE' thread about Seamaster de Ville watches, compiling all known references for this model line. Around the same time, I started a similar thread about Constellation watches, that I never got to completion. A lot was happening in my life and referencing all Constellation references is quite a daunting task.

But I have a knack for databases and vintage OMEGA watches, so... well... to put it simply, I decided to compile all known vintage OMEGA references for all model lines. Sigh...

Here it is, there you go:

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AobXl9MifZNefE8TKPmguVcPRPM

Last update: 22 May 2025


I started with Desmond's invaluable OMEGA Constellation database and converted it to Excel, but I decided that the first column shouldn't be dedicated to the calibre but to the case reference number. Also, I am revising and expanding it. To start with, I added a few columns to compile more information about all these watches, then I added some Constellation references that, somehow, Desmond forgot. Like the Grand Luxe hooded lugs ref. 18781 with its diamond bezel:




While doing all this, I realised that everybody mixes case references and catalogue references, Desmond and myself included, and I decided to fix this by having two separate columns.

For instance, ST 366.0857 is the catalogue reference for case no. 166.0252, and BA 368.800 is the catalogue reference for the 18K gold 168.005 with a gold dial on a 18K gold bracelet (Grand Luxe). Because of this, some references appear several times in Desmond's database, both with their case reference and catalogue references, without making much sense. Having a column dedicated to each fixes this issue. I am still in the process of revising all these Constellation references, but at some point I wanted to venture away from the Geneva observatory and I decided to include all Seamaster de Ville references.



Then I got back to Constellations and when I wanted to take another break from them, I added some Seamasters. That was the occasion to include some personal favourites.

And then the Genèves wanted in, as did the Speedmasters and the Ploprof and the Seamaster 300 and the Railmasters and the Rancheros and now we have something that looks like a usable database.

The link above will be updated on a regular basis. Any observations or recommendations welcome.

Let it be a homage to Desmond's incredible work.
Wow…amazing work…..looked for mine….thinking it’s OJ 14831,…. But not sure…I’m very new to this

 
Posts
35,645
Likes
39,895
I feel a mistake has been made here, Ash 😜
🥺 the sticky is right next to each other and I often post just before bed lol