The top ten rationalizations for your wristwatch habit:

Posts
7,324
Likes
23,737
Just keep reading a watch forum discussions to expedite your addition.

Excellent.

“Honey, I regularly participate on the Omega watch forum, and they would require me to stop participating if I didn’t amass a large collection…”
 
Posts
8,246
Likes
29,136
17. Why should my son, who embraces the idea of a cashless society, wastes a good chunk of his life on Tik-Tok, and has a girlfriend who thinks that fast-food hamburgers can be "awesome", inherit any of my money?

😁
Edited:
 
Posts
405
Likes
2,076
17. Why should my son, who embraces the idea a cashless society, wastes a good chunk of his life on Tik-Tok, and has a girlfriend who thinks that fast-food hamburgers can be "awesome", inherit any of my money?

😁

Hahaha, let me guess, he should be around 16? Anyway, Im sure, this is just a short epidsode. He will be back on the right path, soon.
 
Posts
13,915
Likes
54,108
17. Why should my son, who embraces the idea a cashless society, wastes a good chunk of his life on Tik-Tok, and has a girlfriend who thinks that fast-food hamburgers can be "awesome", inherit any of my money?

😁
I’ve infected my kid who is eyeing my collection and making noises about what to sell and what to keep. He has at least 7 watches already.
 
Posts
8,246
Likes
29,136
Hahaha, let me guess, he should be around 16?

You've identified the essence of the problem - he's 41. 🙄
 
Posts
1,542
Likes
3,356
If I should somehow lose all but one of them I’ll still know what time it is.
 
Posts
399
Likes
1,801
I’m obliged to buy more watches to ease my wife’s guilt for spending too much money on jewelry.
 
Posts
405
Likes
2,076
You've identified the essence of the problem - he's 41. 🙄

I got it. Sorry for stirring up.
17. is definately a good argument!
 
Posts
8,246
Likes
29,136
I got it. Sorry for stirring up.
17. is definately a good argument!

No worries! The truth is that I am childless, so this is a hypothetical ne'er do well, based on my younger generation stereotypes.
 
Posts
7,324
Likes
23,737
No worries! The truth is that I am childless.

You never know. Sometimes there’s a knock on the door, with someone looking vaguely like you, asking for money…
 
Posts
15,046
Likes
24,049
Rationalizations? We ain’t got no rationalizations! We don’t need no Rationalizations !
I don’t have to show you any stinking Rationalizations !”
 
Posts
13,915
Likes
54,108
Rationalizations? We ain’t got no rationalizations. We don’t need no rationalizations. We don’t need no stinking Rationalizations I don’t have to show you any stinking Rationalizations!
Amen.
 
Posts
1,699
Likes
1,654
Still a bargain, compared to America's Cup Racing.
 
Posts
6,702
Likes
79,918
Because Hooters chicks dig dudes that wear mechanical watches*…and Metallica t-shirts…and Hooters hats…

*Beloved Seiko 6309-7049 automatic pictured below

 
Posts
7,324
Likes
23,737
Because Hooters chicks dig dudes that wear mechanical watches*…and Metallica t-shirts…and Hooters hats…

*Beloved Seiko 6309-7049 automatic pictured below


Geez, I’ve missed these posts…
 
Posts
3,272
Likes
14,212
Because I get a kick out of wearing the latest and greatest in newfangled wristwatch technology!

Circa 1938 😒

Just check this out! It's a brawny 28mm of a waterproof, patented, all-steel snapback case! 👍 And...it's shock-resistant!