Forums Latest Members

The Time 4A Pint Podcast #7: Driving Fast & Wearing Chopard on the Mille with Meredith (remastered)

1. tyrantlizardrex May 5, 2017

Welcome to Episode 7 of The Time 4A Pint Podcast - In which we meet 5 time Mille Miglia competitor, and consequential Chopard watch collector, Meredith.

TrioChopardFront.jpg

We got together to talk about her three competitor issued Chopard Mille Miglia watches, and driving an Osca MT4 through the towns and villages of the Italian countryside.

Watches in this episode:
    • Chopard 8932 (2003 Mille Miglia Competitor Edition)
    • Chopard 8994 GMT (2005 Mille Miglia Competitor Edition)
    • Chopard 8489 Gran Turismo XL (2008 Mille Miglia Competitor Edition)

Listen Now!

Edited Oct 2, 2017
  2. tyrantlizardrex May 5, 2017

Would be interested to hear if anyone here has a modern Chopard in their collection... the GT XL had some really nice little bit of design, just not sure I'd take the plunge for what they cost.

neilfrancis likes this.
  3. gostang9 May 5, 2017

No Chopards currently, nor planned, but this Podcast certainly opened my eyes. So cool to hear a Rally racer talking about racing and watches!

This Canadian got a real kick out of 2 Brit's pronouncing "Mille Miglia" multiple times. Then literally 'laughed out loud' when I heard alu-min-um pronounced alu-MIN-EE-UM as Brits do. Love living in a connected global world!

ahartfie and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  4. tyrantlizardrex May 5, 2017

She's great isn't she? 99% of the time she calls me "little bro", so it was very restrained of her not to do so on mic! ::shy::

The race stories are so much fun... sort of told in a "no big deal" kind of way, but with such a sparkle in her eyes, and so much enthusiasm, that you really wish you were there. :cool:

Oh man... I can't pronounce Italian for my life... and as to the Aluminium... glad we provided a chuckle or two :thumbsup:

5. isaac.owen.nz May 5, 2017

Just me or I can't download this one from SoundCloud to phone like the other 6?

6. tyrantlizardrex May 5, 2017

Permissions are set to allow download of all the episodes - tried it on two computers in the house... seems to be working for us.

isaac.owen.nz likes this.
  7. isaac.owen.nz May 5, 2017

Tried again, got it.

Thanks mate.

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  8. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers May 6, 2017

Good episode Chris - but we need a picture of the car too!

If I had a 'grail event' it would be taking part in the Mille Miglia
    In an Alfa of course...

Reminded me of the BBC TV programme where James Martin (celebrity chef) shelled out £3/4m on a classic Maserati to take part in the Mille Miglia and didn't test-run the rebuilt engine - it of course blew after about 100 miles.
    The result - a fully grown Yorkshireman in tears at the side of the road - priceless.
    (I've just read he took part again in 2015 in a borrowed Jaguar D type with Nick English of Bremont -so back on track with watches ;))

9. tyrantlizardrex May 6, 2017

Pinched from the Internet... this is the OSCA MT4 that Meredith and Gavin ran the Mille in, not sure if this was the livery at the time!

IMG_5465.JPG

10. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers May 6, 2017

Nice! :thumbsup:
    You can see where AC got their styling from -which morphed into the Cobra
    I happened to see this remake in Kuwait yesterday
    IMG_2396.JPG

ahartfie and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  11. isaac.owen.nz May 6, 2017

Good listening, glad they get the frequent use and aren't safe queens.
    Also, eh gad that Osca is lovely!!!

12. Just Livin May 10, 2017

Caught this one late. Loved this one. 'A bit tidy indeed' :thumbsup:
    Thanks Chris & Meredith

13. tyrantlizardrex May 10, 2017

Cheers Joe! :coffee:

Glad you enjoyed it :)

14. tyrantlizardrex Oct 2, 2017

The remastering continues - levels were all over the place on this one - listening through again as I edited, I now NEED to compete in the Mille. :D

Listen Now!

15. Lexm Oct 2, 2017

Had a GT XL for a while. Nice to notice the Panerai Bracelets fit perfectly so could make a nice combo in stead of the rubber al the time. Not a fan of the racing strap.