The Third Annual Mid-Atlantic G2G Was Amazing!!!

Oh yea. I actually won something in the raffle! I was really hoping for that leather tray from @Duracuir1 but this will do! Anyone know Rick?

IMG_7298.jpeg IMG_7299.jpeg
@Aroxx sorry you did not win the tray... but since I did, please allow me to thank @Duracuir1 , because it is simply AWESOME!!!!! And all is in the details, including that Speedmaster shadow embedded in the center piece!! ::love::
Edit: looks like I have some trouble uploading the pics!!

Like 5
Would love to have you both join us next year, Aaron. Actually, we had two attendees this year who took the train to Baltimore from NYC and another attendee who flew in from Hartford, CT. Proof positive that if you build it, they will come. :)
...and some drove 3+ hours one way to make it, but in all honesty, it was so so nice to see again some familiar faces and to meet new ones, that I would have walked to this event if needed!!
Thank you @gbesq @JwRosenthal Hannah (James, you need to create an account for her, she is family, you know!!) and @RevZMan123 !!!
Absolutely great way of enjoying this hobby. The amount of knowledge and number + quality of watches in attendance was just spectacular.
As others said though, time flew by too quickly and there are quite a number of people with whom I didn't get much of a chance to interact with. Oh well. Next time.

PS: here is the beauty I wore today... and it shows the time I spent "at" this event from the moment I left home... until I got back (safe and sound and HAPPY!!):

IMG_0541.jpeg
Edited:

Like 14
...and some drove 3+ hours one way to make it, but in all honesty, it was so so nice to see again some familiar faces and to meet new ones, that I would have walked to this event if needed!!
Thank you @gbesq @JwRosenthal Hannah (James, you need to create an account for her, she is family, you know!!) and @RevZMan123 !!!
Absolutely great way of enjoying this hobby. The amount of knowledge and number + quality of watches in attendance was just spectacular.
As others said though, time flew by too quickly and there are quite a number of people with whom I didn't get much of a chance to interact with. Oh well. Next time.

PS: here is the beauty I wore today... and it shows the time I spent "at" this event from the moment I left home... until I got back (safe and sound and HAPPY!!):

IMG_0541.jpeg
Always great to see you, Marc. Thanks for making the drive!

Like 1
Here’s a photo of the leather “G2G Tray” made by OF member Steve (Duracuir1) in his Canadian workshop. The tray was introduced at the Detroit G2G, where it was signed by those attending, and then it was passed to me to bring to the Baltimore G2G where it gathered more signatures today. I’m looking now to pass it on to the next OF G2G that someone organizes anywhere in the world. Any takers?
IMG_5996.jpeg

Like 8
Much like last time, this event looked like a blast. It’s awesome you all are able to put this together and have fun like this!

Greg had so much fun he was willing to share lip balm with me. Lol

Like 1
Greg had so much fun he was willing to share lip balm with me. Lol
Remember, Erric, sharing is caring. :)

Like 1
Yes, big thanks to the organizers who have all been mentioned (Greg, James, Ericc and Hannah).

Also a big thanks to @Duracuir1 : we all signed the leather, and your raffle contributions artwork was very popular!

We also nerded out over a few cars...
x1702767-c8701cbb0d0e1cdce10327cee81725ae.jpg.pagespeed.ic.-iORusDtZL.webp

GTG Porsches - Dec2023.jpg
Yes, I forgot to mention that immediately following the G2G there was an impromptu meeting of OF members who are also apparently members of the Porsche Club of America. We try to add as much value to the event as we possibly can. :)

Like 5
Great meeting everyone! We also drove down from NYC. Had a great time and already looking forward to next time!

IMG_2497.jpeg

IMG_2496.jpeg

IMG_2495.jpeg

IMG_2494.jpeg

IMG_2499.jpeg

IMG_2498.jpeg

IMG_2501.jpeg

IMG_2500.jpeg IMG_2502.jpeg

And one I couldn’t resist from when we arrived the evening before :D

IMG_2493.jpeg

Like 16
Great meeting everyone! We also drove down from NYC. Had a great time and already looking forward to next time!

IMG_2493.jpeg

Great meeting you and your wife and thanks for bringing so many awesome watches!!

IMG_0565.jpeg

PS: nice booty, this 997 of yours!!!! :cool:

Like 5

IMG_2497.jpeg

IMG_2496.jpeg

IMG_2495.jpeg

IMG_2494.jpeg

IMG_2499.jpeg

IMG_2498.jpeg

IMG_2501.jpeg

IMG_2493.jpeg
Adam, if you're still in Baltimore this morning - and this goes for anyone else who stayed overnight -- treat yourself to Sunday brunch at Miss Shirley's. You won't be disappointed.

Like 4
Wow, what a great turn-out! I was bummed to miss it due to a work trip. Great work organizing, Greg.

I even brought my UG FS MKI that you were the inspiration for me getting! Missed ya.

Like 2

IMG_0541.jpeg

That's a great idea for a photo op, I love it. Hopefully I remember to do that with my new chronograph (incoming this week!) Next year. :)

Like 2
Wow, what a great turn-out! I was bummed to miss it due to a work trip. Great work organizing, Greg.
You were missed, David. Looking forward to seeing you at the 2024 G2G and hopefully sooner!

For those of you who are reading this thread, have never attended the Mid-Atlantic G2G, but might like to do so next year, feel free to PM me @gbesq on OF and I'll add you to the list for the first update in the fall of 2024.
Edited:

Like 2

IMG_2497.jpeg

IMG_2496.jpeg

IMG_2495.jpeg

IMG_2494.jpeg

IMG_2499.jpeg

IMG_2498.jpeg

IMG_2501.jpeg

IMG_2493.jpeg
At least someone remembered to take pics. I got so caught up in it all that I forgot to take a single pic. Until today ... The ornament that Hannah laboriously crafted in my wall box of swag.

Attach63885_20231203_093425.jpg

And of course thanks to @TrboDieselPwrd for my new copy of Moonwatch Only. I'm already reading getting my daily workout.
PXL_20231203_152406364.jpg

I somehow managed to leave without purchasing a watch but I did of course pick up this wonder watch box for my Seamaster Automatic Calendar from the always amazing Phil (@seekingseaquest )

PXL_20231203_152033010.PORTRAIT.jpg

Thanks to everyone for coming this year. I'm not sure how we're supposed to make it more better next year.

Like 7

IMG_2497.jpeg

IMG_2496.jpeg

IMG_2495.jpeg

IMG_2494.jpeg

IMG_2499.jpeg

IMG_2498.jpeg

IMG_2501.jpeg

IMG_2493.jpeg
Looks like you stayed at the Sheraton downtown. That place had gotten real shabby about a decade ago- have they cleaned it up?
If anyone needs lodging recommendations for the future, PM me. Some real gems in this city- from lux to macabre (apparently a number of suicides after the crash of ‘29 at the Lord Baltimore- said to be ghosts there).

Like 5
At least someone remembered to take pics. I got so caught up in it all that I forgot to take a single pic. Until today ... The ornament that Hannah laboriously crafted in my wall box of swag.

Attach63885_20231203_093425.jpg

And of course thanks to @TrboDieselPwrd for my new copy of Moonwatch Only. I'm already reading getting my daily workout.
PXL_20231203_152406364.jpg

I somehow managed to leave without purchasing a watch but I did of course pick up this wonder watch box for my Seamaster Automatic Calendar from the always amazing Phil (@seekingseaquest )

PXL_20231203_152033010.PORTRAIT.jpg

Thanks to everyone for coming this year. I'm not sure how we're supposed to make it more better next year.
I'll echo Erric's thanks to George for tipping us off to the Moonwatch Only deal on Amazon and then for lugging -- and I DO mean lugging -- several copies of this very large and heavy Speedmaster encyclopedia to Baltimore. I'm enjoying reading mine this morning with my morning coffee while wearing my '69 Straight Writing.
x1702985-22affaf9bfb1b9f7de0572f307f71850.jpg.pagespeed.ic.JMw4SFRCpG.webp
Edited:

Like 6
I'm not sure how we're supposed to make it more better next year.
Maybe we invite Teddy Baldassarre and Kevin O'Leary to show up? :D

Like 2
Maybe we invite Teddy Baldassarre and Kevin O'Leary to show up? :D

For a cage match? Can we take bets?