Forums Latest Members

The story behind my Omega 3711.10

1. vlaspri Mar 23, 2020

Hi all!

I want to share with you my story of this specific watch – Omega Speedmaster Automatic 3711.10.

It all started about 15 years ago, I started collecting watches with the first one – G-Shock MTG series my father made me a gift when I was a teenager. Since then I had a lot of different timepieces: Citizen, Prince, Seiko, Orient, Buler, Casio, Longines, Steinhart, Hamilton, Omega, etc. But one day I read an article about Omega Speedmaster Professional and then one more article, couple videos on YouTube, couple dozens of articles, all the reviews I could only find on this topic… As you already understood I became an Omega Speedmaster fan without really noticing it by myself. Having a small wrist for the Pro version and it’s rising market prices I was really disappointed because my goal was the Speedy Pro from my birthyear, which is 1991. I know the hype around birthyear watches sounds pretty nerd, but I think there is something symbolic in it.

Searching through the local online flea market I didn’t found nothing even similar to a Speedmaster, but I found a vintage Jaeger LeCoultre from 1960s and I decided to buy it to make my day better. When I saw that timepiece it appeared smaller than I thought, around 32mm, so I refused to buy it and then the seller showed me his Omega Speedmaster Reduced 3510.50 which was not for sale but after a long negotiation – we made a deal. This beautiful watch has served me a couple years, but it was from 1998 according to serial number, so I sold it and a couple watches from my collection either to continue the search.

I was searching the birthyear Speedy Reduced for 3 years and then one day I found this one – Omega Speedmaster Automatic 3711.10. Having a phone call with the seller he told me that there is only watch head and nothing else. When we met – surprisingly the seller found the original box and a warranty card. The card confirmed that the watch serial is from 1991, was sold in US in 1992. So I became a proud owner of my birthyear watch head. A have a lot of different straps from my ex watches but I wanted a stainless steel authentic one for this model. Prices were unexpectable high until I found a post here on Omega Forum which was written 3 years ago about a rare Omega 1459 bracelet in mint condition, a smaller version of the 1450 which Omega Holy Grail has. To my surprise the bracelet was still available all those years, and I bought it.

So now I have this beautiful and pretty uncommon Speedmaster Automatic with full set. Solid gold bezel and champagne dial brings me joy every time I look at it. The case size (39mm) fits my small wrist perfectly and a rare 1459 bracelet seems to be a silkiest one I ever had.

What I want to add? Chase your dreams and work hard, one day they will all come true!

Imageererer.jpg Image-3.jpeg 343434.png 232323.png

KingCrouchy likes this.