The return of the Flieger

When I like something, I seemingly can't let go.

Just over 15 years ago, I bought myself a rare Tutima Flieger F3 chronograph, powered by a Lemania 5100 movement, that really impressed me. I already owned a Tutima Military Chronograph that I loved to bits, but the F3 was unlike any other of my calibre 5100 chronos. With its traditional Flieger chronograph look, it oozed German no-nonsense quality, and its presence on the wrist was spectacular despite its relatively measured size (38.5 mm). Here is a picture of this watch mounted on a strap:
IMG_5795C-P.jpg

A couple of years later, facing mounting financial pressure, I had to start selling my large Lemania 5100 collection, still hoping to keep my best pieces. Sadly, even those eventually had to go, and the F3 did not survive the cull. And being a rare model, it was not a given that I'd be offered the opportunity to find another one, at least not one that good.

I actually was offered to buy back my example a few years ago, but didn't have the funds at the time, so it ended up sold to some Asian collector. I have had a few missed opportunities since, but I reason that they simply were not meant to be.

Then about a month ago, and in quick succession, 3 of these watches popped up on Chrono24. One was an unworn NOS example, and it quickly got sold. Another one lacked the stunning original bracelet and came with an inflated asking price. The final one was described as "gently worn" and looked quite good on the seller's pictures. And when I inquired what the cost of shipping it insured from Sweden to France was, the seller was quick to offer that service for free.

So, what do you guys think I did?

Let's just say that I got a package in the mail yesterday. And upon opening it, I was immediately reminded why I had missed this watch. It just looks great!

tempImageE6Ehn4.heic

It's so nice to welcome an old friend.
Edited:

Like 13
Not the best picture, but I'm just enjoying this second honeymoon with this watch...

tempImageCCpsQM.heic

Like 1
I had really missed that dark chocolate dial. From a casual glance it often looks black, but it reveals its true color upon closer inspection.
tempImageC8C0ka.heic

Like 1
With the rising temperature, it's time to wear it on its gorgeous original bracelet.
IMG_3321C-P.jpg