Forums Latest Members

SOLD THE REAL HEUER AUTAVIA 1163 'ORANGE BOY' aka 'GULF'

1. bernarddevos Feb 6, 2020

Hi guys,
    Since I have two I decided to sell this Heuer Autavia 1163 'Orange Boy', also called 'Gulf'.
    As some of you will know a lot of sellers will call every Heuer Autavia with orange accents an 'Orange Boy' while in fact the only real 'Orange Boy' is the one with an 1163 case, brushed steel hands with orange inserts and orange trim on the minute recorder.

For those of you that are not 100% familiar with the reference here some more info:
    http://www.onthedash.com/chronograph/autavia-1163-orange-boy/
    https://shop.hodinkee.com/products/...autavia-reference-1163?variant=12243789676619
    https://heuerville.wordpress.com/2011/04/22/autavia-1163-mh-orange-boy-or-gulf/

This particular watch is probably the best you'll find in today's market.

Case is very close to NOS. I could describe how perfect the sunburst in the upper case is, how sharp the bevelled edges are but I guess my pictures tell the whole story.

Even more important on these Orange Boys is how strong the orange accents on the dial and hands still are.
    A lot of the value of this watch depends on that. And I think I can say that on this watch the orange accents could not be brighter. Please bear in mind that this orange color is very hard to capture on camera. In real the colors are even stronger. In real the orange is also more fluorescent than in the pics.
    Of course the watch and hands have all the original tritium. I guarantee that. I also included a picture under UV. Under UV the tritium behaves like it should.

Dial is absolutely spotless. Subdials super clean and white.

The watch is fully original and in perfect running condition.

The movement had a full service in 2019 and it comes with a 24 month guarantee!!!
    Keeping perfect time, chrono operating perfectly.

Reference: Heuer Autavia 1163 'Orange Boy'
    Year: 1971
    Size: 42mm
    Movement: Heuer Cal.12
    Serial number: 242976

Ok guys, that's it. If you need more info, please ask. About how rare this watch is. Hodinkee thinks there are only 15 known to exist. I don't agree. I have seen more than that. Let's say there are between 50 and 100. But not many will be in the condition my watch is. So still a very rare and sought-after watch. Most of us will remember the OB Phillips sold a couple years ago for $50,000. Ok, that was a crazy result. I am not looking for that, not even close. Some of you will know my prices are always very fair but I will not give it away either. Then I prefer keeping it. I am sure the watch has lots of potential. So if you really want this watch and you have the money for it, I honestly believe this can be a great deal. Of course only time will tell.

Price: head: €12.500 euros ( fully insured FedEx shipping included )
    Optional: Original black small holes corfam: +250 euros

Payment: bank Transfer preferred / PayPal possible ( only for goods and services, so please add 4% )

( I give a full refund if the watch would not be as described or in case of any problem )

Kindest regards,
    Bernard

fullsizeoutput_32e0.jpeg fullsizeoutput_32e1.jpeg fullsizeoutput_32e2.jpeg fullsizeoutput_32cc.jpeg fullsizeoutput_32ca.jpeg fullsizeoutput_32e3.jpeg fullsizeoutput_32ce.jpeg fullsizeoutput_32e4.jpeg fullsizeoutput_32be.jpeg fullsizeoutput_32c3.jpeg fullsizeoutput_32c2.jpeg fullsizeoutput_32dd.jpeg fullsizeoutput_32de.jpeg fullsizeoutput_32df.jpeg fullsizeoutput_32d0.jpeg fullsizeoutput_32da.jpeg fullsizeoutput_32e5.jpeg fullsizeoutput_32dc.jpeg fullsizeoutput_32d4.jpeg fullsizeoutput_32d6.jpeg fullsizeoutput_32d5.jpeg fullsizeoutput_32d8.jpeg

JimJupiter, Shabbaz, jB1128 and 20 others like this.
  2. wouter van wijk Feb 6, 2020

nice one!

bernarddevos likes this.
  3. bernarddevos Feb 6, 2020

Sold.
    Thanks Michael and OF

Shabbaz and chronoboy64 like this.
  4. chronoboy64 Feb 6, 2020

Huge congrats to the buyer and the seller, what a great and rare watch :thumbsup:

bernarddevos likes this.
  5. fbf Feb 6, 2020

you are killing me Bernard..... Glad it's sold. Congrats to the buyer and seller.

bernarddevos likes this.