The Omega I can't remember

My brother is terrible with watches...he needs them to be very simple and easy to remember how to use. He came over recently to show me his Omega bumper wind Seamaster Date gold cap. He wasn't sure it was working or how to change the date. He also thought that I might have given it to him. And yes I might have but neither of us remember when that might have been, and I can't even remember where or when I got it. My past is filled with so many watches I have forgotten I owned. Any way, I could tell right away that this was one of that generation of bumpers that you were just supposed to give a couple of shakes and strap it on. Playing with the date, I quickly figured out you changed it by pulling out and then pushing back in, the crown. The date window has a lovely gold picture frame window plus the Omega version of the cyclops. And the more I played with and studied the watch, the more I liked it. It is yellow gold cap, screw back case, silver dial with gold and black markers and black and gold hands, no luminous material. The lugs are what knock me out...truncated and stubby (like a Lamborghini)...it just has a great presence. A dress Seamaster, in my opinion. I don't know what I'm going to do with it yet. I gave my brother one of my Rolex 1018s on a Jubilee bracelet, I took this off his hands. I keep thinking I need to thin the herd but I put this on my wrist and it doesn't want to leave. I don't open my watches, so any info on the model would be helpful... years made, probable movement, etc., any and all thoughts would be appreciated. semasdt 7crop.jpg semasdt 1crop.jpg semasdt 2crop.jpg semasdt 4crop.jpg semasdt 6crop.jpg

Looks like a ref 166.010, caliber 565, ca mid-late 1960s.

For sure not a bumper wind.

I love the gold capped watches. Rich gold looks without the bigger price tag of solid. That capping is nice and thick too. You got yourself a real keeper there John. Now time to find the appropriate beads of rice for her!

Doesn't look like a bumper-era case, and the date change method doesn't sound like an Omega bumper.

You are all right...it isn't a bumper...just one of those strange Omegas that you have to shake back and forth to get the rotor to charge the mainspring because the winding crown is so inaccessible...like my Constellation. I've been bumping (pardon the pun) into so many bumpers recently, I jumped to the conclusion. I've got four watches up for sale. If I can sell the DateJust and the 1940s Pan Am pilot's watch, and the Jumbo case manual Omega, I'll keep the two Seamasters. Life does have compromises. Thanks for all the input.

Isn't this watch similar to the "sparke dial" Seamaster at least in terms of the over-polisihed case?

Isn't this watch similar to the "sparke dial" Seamaster at least in terms of the over-polisihed case?

Possibly. The polishing does make it hard to identify.

IMG_3902.jpeg IMG_3912.jpeg