The OF life hack…

Someone kindly gifted me an account subscription upgrade a while ago. I always intended to renew when the subscription expired, but I never considered the ads to be an inconvenience. Some were actually useful/interesting/amusing.
This latest one, however, got me thinking:

IMG_1560.jpeg

Do I take the test, or subscribe?

I didn’t take the test.

There is one caveat to navigating the forums, ad-free; I’ll never know if I’m kinky or gentle.

Have a good one ;)

Like 4
If you have to take the test, you probably already know.

Like 2
If you have to take the test, you probably already know.
True that, but I ain’t disclosing which one. You’d have to beat it out of me ;)

Like 1
Kinky is the opposite of gentle?

That like saying orange is the opposite of sock...

Like 4
Make a list of the 10 things you like best in life.

Tear it up and leave it in an unlit fireplace till the wind draws it up the flue.

Works for Santa and Mary Poppins. Why then should it not work for social media, FB, Giggle and all the other wannabe data harvesters.

I have noticed that the site loads a lot faster now.

Halfway through The Dark Forest. Second book in Three Body problem. Does put one into a weird headspace, especially when waiting in the doctors office for routine stuff, like an ear wash and lab work.

Am I the only one reading a paper copy of something?

Did I not click on the advertisement what would fix my life and make all my troubles go away?

I’m just going to remind people that google targets ads to you based on the information they learn about you from your browsing history, and that of the other internet users in your house. One of my friends years ago was laughing about how the google algorithm kept showing him ads for divorce lawyers when he was happily married, then a few weeks later his wife served him papers.

:coffee:

Keep it safe, sane and consensual everyone.

Like 11
Make a list of the 10 things you like best in life.

Tear it up and leave it in an unlit fireplace till the wind draws it up the flue.

Works for Santa and Mary Poppins. Why then should it not work for social media, FB, Giggle and all the other wannabe data harvesters.

I have noticed that the site loads a lot faster now.

Halfway through The Dark Forest. Second book in Three Body problem. Does put one into a weird headspace, especially when waiting in the doctors office for routine stuff, like an ear wash and lab work.

Am I the only one reading a paper copy of something?

Did I not click on the advertisement what would fix my life and make all my troubles go away?

Re-re-re-reading The Fifth Head of Cerberus. I needed... wanted to read a book that centers on abuse, gaslighting, and is just generally so convoluted that the answers aren't ever that clear.

1000014141.jpg

Like 1
My subscription ran out today, as it happens, and of course I started getting adds..... Well if the adds are based on what I've been looking at I dunno how they thought I'd be at all interested it crappy kit homes, womens shoes, dresses, holidays in the USA, health insurance, computer gaming, New BMWs, joining the army or some bloody awful super hero movie, I must renew my subscription post haste!
These are the adds that showed up whilst I was composing this post.