The -not so- complete guide of video game watches ( Pic intensive )

Hello OF,

I hope you all had a good year and everyone is enjoying themselves during this holiday season. 馃榾
I've really enjoyed this thread and was pleasantly surprised how many gamers we have on this forum.
It inspired me, as a gamer and watch lover to create this thread combining the two topics, similarly to the Jazz and watches one ( in case you missed it )

Since the young age of 6, I've started my Journey with Core Design's Tomb raider 3. It was my first passion and I still consider gaming as my favorite past time.
For more than two decades, I've lost count how many video games i played and enjoyed. Whether exploring the tombs with Lara Croft and Nathan Drake, being a Spec ops operative in Call of Duty's Pripyat, being an assassin during the crusades, or just roam the vast lands of Skyrim as the dragonborn, video games offer us good stories that are meant to be enjoyed and sometimes a good place to learn something new.

Introduction away, I've kept myself busy to try and gather as much as i could find online, based on previous gamelays, to provide a reference list for watchlovers and gamers alike. Enjoy!

James Bond GoldenEye 007 ( 1997 )

Pierce Brosnan's do-it-all gadget is none other than the Omega Seamaster Professional ref. 2541.80.00. Not too bad for a Nintendo 64 graphics, especially when it nails down the hands and bracelet.

goldeneye-n64-bond-omega-watch.jpg
Source: Hodinkee.com
Omega Seamaster 330M quartz ( Swiss watches magazine ).png
Source: Omegawatches.com

James Bond 007: Blood stone ( 2010 )

Daniel Craig is wearing the prominent Omega Seamaster Professional, ref. 22005000 with a nice camo green PVD finish.

Seamaster Planet Ocean 0.jpg Seamaster Planet Ocean.jpg
Seamaster Planet Ocean 2 ( 007 museuem. com ).jpg
Source: 007museuem.com

Far Cry 6 ( 2021 )

Dani, the protagonist of Ubisoft's hit series can be spotted wearing an automatic Hamilton Khaki field watch in Titanium.

Hamilton-x-Far-Cry-6-3.jpg Hamilton Khaki Field Automatic Titanium Far Cry 6 Watch.jpg
Source: Monochrome-watches.com

L.A Noire ( 2011 )

This game's watches sparked the idea for this thread.

Deidre Moller's Lady Elgin found in "The Quarter Moon Murders" case.
Lady Elgin.jpg
Source: Youtube/Willzyyy

Henry Arnett's Vacheron Constantin, found in "The naked city" case. The details on this art deco watch are masterfully done. Gotta give Rockstar games some credit for this watch alone.
VC ( Henry Arnett ).jpg

I was so pleased with this one. A longines Lindbergh belonging to a Lockheed Martin employee in the "Nicholson electoplating" case.
Longines Lindbergh ( john doe ).jpg

Scarface: The world is yours ( 2006 )

What if Tony Montana never died at the end of Scarface? The answer can be found in this 2006 release that features one of my absolute favorite soundtracks!

Scarfa Youtube - Willzyyy.jpgSource: Youtube.com/Willzyyy

The watch that Tony wears in-game may appear like an Omega La Magique, while others may argue in favor of the Omega Dinosaure. Impossible to be sure from these photos.

Scarface ( Youtube.com-FirstPlays HD.jpg
Source: Youtube.com/FirstPlays HD

Could it be another watch? A thread on Reddit suggests it a solid gold Concord Delirium Mariner!

superwatchman.com.jpg
Source: Superwatchman.com

Metal Gear Solid V ( 2015 )

Hideo Kojima's attention to details came up with an homage to the Seiko G757 that James Bond ( Roger Moore ) wore in Octopussy. International spy worthy! 馃榿

2947869-screen shot 2015-10-06 at 4.42.58 pm.jpg
Courtesy of Konami Digital Entertainment.

Rm9nyjn.jpeg
Source: Reddit.com/milesprower07

Honorable mentions:

Some games featured their own watch brands which do not exist in real life but remain cool nevertheless.

Perhaps my favorite one is Grand Theft Auto San Andreas and V, which are set in Los Santos, a parody of Los Angeles, CA.

The brand is a Rolex parody named Crowex with Billboards existing since San Sndreas' release in 2004!

billboards-hd_1645629629_739119.jpg
Touch茅 Rockstar.. Touch茅 馃榿 Source: Libertycity.net.

billboardSOT.jpg
Crowex's Daytona - Submariner hybrid in GTA V ( 2013 ) 馃榿 Source: GTA5billboards.com

Another watch brand: Pendulus. It's big and it's hideous, kinda like an Invicta. 馃槣

Capture d鈥櫭ヽran 2022-12-28 005344.png
Source: gta.fandom.com

Wider watch selection in GTA online:

Dead Rising 3 ( 2013 )

Frank's watch is a Megaman, named after Capcom's Megaman character. A nod to the Omega Aqua Terra?

3f5e1z047ve71.png
Source: Reddit/Wolf_Tone4934

Call of Duty Modern Warfare ( 2019 )

Some cool selection of military watches can be claimed online and there's an article dedicated to them: https://www.eurogamer.net/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-watch-earn-6028

Far Cry 2 & 4 : ( 2008 and 2014 )

This particular watch is used to advance time forward with a twist of the bezel, an option that can be triggered at a bedside to simulate sleeping. Back when the game was released, i sometimes use the watch just to look at it and admire it. 馃榾

Far cry 2 ( httpswww.overclockers.ua ).jpg
Source: overclockers.ua

Ajay Ghale in Far Cry 4 wears his watch on the underside of the wrist, and does not feature any discernible branding, but it does play a small role in appearing on the player character.
It鈥檚 clear that some thought went into its design.
fc4_screen_karma_event_2_preview_141014_6pmcet.jpg.jpg
Source: eurogamer.net

FarCry4_Watch.jpg
Source: wornandwound.com

The Last of Us 1 & 2 ( 2013 and 2020 )

Joel's watch bears a heartwarming story. It was passed down as a heirloom and a reminder of loved ones. Kind of like in real life.
This military pilot's watch bears no name but looks badass. Very few were sold after the release of the first game.
It has some similarities with the Collection B Combat from LUM TEC.

HD-wallpaper-joels-watch-ellie-game-.jpg

Source: thelastous.fandom.com

436d289ade8769001badd7a0691af6480a104cbe.jpeg
Source: videogamejunk.com

Metro 2033 ( 2010 )

In order to survive the russian postapocalyptic winter, Artyom always relies on his watch to keep track of the gas mask filter. A key accessory in the game.

Metro 2033.jpg
Source: Watchuseek.com

An interesting article how the read the watch: https://www.ign.com/wikis/metro-2033/Reading_the_Watch

Metro Last Light (2013)

Another critically important instrument for survival in the second chapter of the saga.
The bezel always reminded me of the soviet Vostok Amphibia "Scuba Dude". 馃槈

FK06C9IL33AXEWC.png
Source: instructables.com

That's it folks! Thank you for looking and everyone is welcome to contribute further in order to cover as much game watches as we can.

Wish you all a happy new year! 馃榾

Ouss.

GTA is just the best! The way they mock society! 馃榾

Their satire is spot on and hilarious indeed! 馃榿

Hello OF,

I hope you all had a good year and everyone is enjoying themselves during this holiday season. 馃榾
I've really enjoyed this thread and was pleasantly surprised how many gamers we have on this forum.
It inspired me, as a gamer and watch lover to create this thread combining the two topics, similarly to the Jazz and watches one ( in case you missed it )

Since the young age of 6, I've started my Journey with Core Design's Tomb raider 3. It was my first passion and I still consider gaming as my favorite past time.
For more than two decades, I've lost count how many video games i played and enjoyed. Whether exploring the tombs with Lara Croft and Nathan Drake, being a Spec ops operative in Call of Duty's Pripyat, being an assassin during the crusades, or just roam the vast lands of Skyrim as the dragonborn, video games offer us good stories that are meant to be enjoyed and sometimes a good place to learn something new.

Introduction away, I've kept myself busy to try and gather as much as i could find online, based on previous gamelays, to provide a reference list for watchlovers and gamers alike. Enjoy!

James Bond GoldenEye 007 ( 1997 )

Pierce Brosnan's do-it-all gadget is none other than the Omega Seamaster Professional ref. 2541.80.00. Not too bad for a Nintendo 64 graphics, especially when it nails down the hands and bracelet.

goldeneye-n64-bond-omega-watch.jpg
Source: Hodinkee.com
Omega Seamaster 330M quartz ( Swiss watches magazine ).png
Source: Omegawatches.com

James Bond 007: Blood stone ( 2010 )

Daniel Craig is wearing the prominent Omega Seamaster Professional, ref. 22005000 with a nice camo green PVD finish.

Seamaster Planet Ocean 0.jpg Seamaster Planet Ocean.jpg
Seamaster Planet Ocean 2 ( 007 museuem. com ).jpg
Source: 007museuem.com

Far Cry 6 ( 2021 )

Dani, the protagonist of Ubisoft's hit series can be spotted wearing an automatic Hamilton Khaki field watch in Titanium.

Hamilton-x-Far-Cry-6-3.jpg Hamilton Khaki Field Automatic Titanium Far Cry 6 Watch.jpg
Source: Monochrome-watches.com

L.A Noire ( 2011 )

This game's watches sparked the idea for this thread.

Deidre Moller's Lady Elgin found in "The Quarter Moon Murders" case.
Lady Elgin.jpg

Henry Arnett's Vacheron Constantin, found in "The naked city" case. The details on this art deco watch are masterfully done. Gotta give Rockstar games some credit for this watch alone.
VC ( Henry Arnett ).jpg

I was so pleased with this one. A longines Lindbergh belonging to a Lockheed Martin employee in the "Nicholson electoplating" case.
Longines Lindbergh ( john doe ).jpg

Scarface: The world is yours ( 2006 )

What if Tony Montana never died at the end of Scarface? The answer can be found in this 2006 release that features one of my absolute favorite soundtracks!

Scarfa Youtube - Willzyyy.jpgSource: Youtube.com/Willzyyy

The watch that Tony wears in-game may appear like an Omega La Magique, while others may argue in favor of the Omega Dinosaure. Impossible to be sure from these photos.

Scarface ( Youtube.com-FirstPlays HD.jpg
Source: Youtube.com/FirstPlays HD

Could it be another watch? A thread on Reddit suggests it a solid gold Concord Delirium Mariner!

superwatchman.com.jpg
Source: Superwatchman.com

Metal Gear Solid V ( 2015 )

Hideo Kojima's attention to details came up with an homage to the Seiko G757 that James Bond ( Roger Moore ) wore in Octopussy. International spy worthy! 馃榿

2947869-screen shot 2015-10-06 at 4.42.58 pm.jpg
Courtesy of Konami Digital Entertainment.

Rm9nyjn.jpeg
Source: Reddit.com/milesprower07

Honorable mentions:

Some games featured their own watch brands which do not exist in real life but remain cool nevertheless.

Perhaps my favorite one is Grand Theft Auto San Andreas and V, which are set in Los Santos, a parody of Los Angeles, CA.

The brand is a Rolex parody named Crowex with Billboards existing since San Sndreas' release in 2004!

billboards-hd_1645629629_739119.jpg
Touch茅 Rockstar.. Touch茅 馃榿 Source: Libertycity.net.

billboardSOT.jpg
Crowex's Daytona - Submariner hybrid in GTA V ( 2013 ) 馃榿 Source: GTA5billboards.com

Another watch brand: Pendulus. It's big and it's hideous, kinda like an Invicta. 馃槣

Capture d鈥櫭ヽran 2022-12-28 005344.png
Source: gta.fandom.com

Wider watch selection in GTA online:

Dead Rising 3 ( 2013 )

Frank's watch is a Megaman, named after Capcom's Megaman character. A nod to the Omega Aqua Terra?

3f5e1z047ve71.png
Source: Reddit/Wolf_Tone4934

Call of Duty Modern Warfare ( 2019 )

Some cool selection of military watches can be claimed online and there's an article dedicated to them: https://www.eurogamer.net/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-watch-earn-6028

Far Cry 2 & 4 : ( 2008 and 2014 )

This particular watch is used to advance time forward with a twist of the bezel, an option that can be triggered at a bedside to simulate sleeping. Back when the game was released, i sometimes use the watch just to look at it and admire it. 馃榾

Far cry 2 ( httpswww.overclockers.ua ).jpg
Source: overclockers.ua

Ajay Ghale in Far Cry 4 wears his watch on the underside of the wrist, and does not feature any discernible branding, but it does play a small role in appearing on the player character.
It鈥檚 clear that some thought went into its design.
fc4_screen_karma_event_2_preview_141014_6pmcet.jpg.jpg
Source: eurogamer.net

FarCry4_Watch.jpg
Source: wornandwound.com

The Last of Us 1 & 2 ( 2013 and 2020 )

Joel's watch bears a heartwarming story. It was passed down as a heirloom and a reminder of loved ones. Kind of like in real life.
This military pilot's watch bears no name but looks badass. Very few were sold after the release of the first game.
It has some similarities with the Collection B Combat from LUM TEC.

HD-wallpaper-joels-watch-ellie-game-.jpg

Source: thelastous.fandom.com

436d289ade8769001badd7a0691af6480a104cbe.jpeg
Source: videogamejunk.com

Metro 2033 ( 2010 )

In order to survive the russian postapocalyptic winter, Artyom always relies on his watch to keep track of the gas mask filter. A key accessory in the game.

Metro 2033.jpg
Source: Watchuseek.com

An interesting article how the read the watch: https://www.ign.com/wikis/metro-2033/Reading_the_Watch

Metro Last Light (2013)

Another critically important instrument for survival in the second chapter of the saga.
The bezel always reminded me of the soviet Vostok Amphibia "Scuba Dude". 馃槈

FK06C9IL33AXEWC.png
Source: instructables.com

That's it folks! Thank you for looking and everyone is welcome to contribute further in order to cover as much game watches as we can.

Wish you all a happy new year! 馃榾

Ouss.
Awesome great read! I actually vaguely remember L.A Noire.