Forums Latest Members

The fake Meister-Dialed or: the not so smart Master of fakes strikes again

1. mr_yossarian Dec 22, 2018

This "Meister"-Dial Speedmaster has been around for a while already, on Ebay, Chrono24 and Facebook-Groups.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Omega-Speedmaster-Professional-Meister-Edition/264062500768Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

What makes this watch so interesting is not the watch, but the Dealer.
    I have seen a dozen Speedmasters offered by him in the past,again and again, all had issues, all where "could be" & "outlayer"-watches or obviosly put together, concerning the movement(serial) or the dial or the case or name it..but in fact simply put together Frankenmasters.

So what all of his offerings have in common:
    undisclosed issues, watch descriptions leaving out important parts ( not mentioning something is his strategy over the blatant lie, mostly), a seller that is telling you to do your homework and not blame him when you buy a bad Speedy from him. A guy who is scamming you for his maximum profit, knowingly, continously and for years.

No back to his recent Meister-Dial Speedmaster.

Read the watch description. No Reference mentioned, but at least the wrong Case. Nevertheless he claims "This Speedmaster is original sold at Meister". Blatant lie in this case.

I asked for a picture of the EOA, there is none in the Sales-Ad . I received it, it's a Reference 145.012, serial 260xxx, so Movement&Dial delivered to Meister, surely not originally sold at Meister with a CB-Case.

Did he run out of 145.012 Cases? Or simply gives a shit?
    At least we know now why no Reference is mentioned in the whole description, nor visible in any picture. Instead all the "blingbling" of boxes and blank - so unrelated to the watch - "papers" ( so actually only paper) for stunning 15,5k Euro.

Be careful out there. This could appear as being a nice and tempting offer, you don't even have to be uneducated to fall for this watch.

--------------------------------------------

UPDATE: I just received a reply from the seller. I have to correct my opinion on him: he is truly a scammer and liar.

Me:

" A 145.012 according to the EOA. In a CB-Case. Thats why no reference is mentioned in the description. This was not sold originally at Meister as watch, maybe parts of it. Sorry."
    His answer:
    "The watch is original sold as it's but Omega Archive made a wrong ref in the archive but no problem."

...it's a 260xxx serial..no 105.012 Range serial, but oh, wait, maybe an outlayer and Omega also put the wrong reference on the Extract..

EOA.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

6.jpg

3.jpg

ext1, Mossback, chronoboy64 and 3 others like this.
  2. w154 Dec 22, 2018

“Watch out” seems quite an appropriate name.

3. Davidt Dec 22, 2018

This is precisely why I have no problem with the market for Omega, but specifically Speedmasters slowly down or even regressing significantly.

We used to be immune from 'dealers' like this who take a well used, honest watch, swap out the odd case and dial here and bezel there, add new papers and box which they claim to be original and sell a shiny, franken at twice the price.

Unfortunately as prices have increased so have the parasites who sell in this manner.

4. mr_yossarian Dec 22, 2018

...his reply is the icing on the cake..and I have read the same made up shit from him elsewhere before..

5. KingCrouchy Dec 23, 2018

How does this guy still has a 100% positive rating? He's clearly bs!::puke::

Mossback likes this.
  6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Dec 23, 2018

I’m confused I don’t see the error.

7. mr_yossarian Dec 24, 2018

The listing: No reference mentined or visible, no serial visible, no extract picture in the listing, only mentions it is a CB Case.
    The extract requested and send to me by him shows it's a 145.012, hence the serial number 26xx falling fully into range for a 145.012. I point that out, Seller replies to me it's an error by Omega to put the wrong Reference on the Extract, continues to claim this watch was sold by Meister as it is, fully original blabla..with a 105.012 66 CB case and a serial never used with 105.012s.
    This watch is put together, hence the unspecific listing with no reference. If you buy it and notice it's a Franken, he will tell you he never claimed it's a 105.012 and you should make your homework before buying.

He had and has many listings like this, 8 out of 10 Speedies are just not what they are supposed to be and he knows. His full disclosure is not to disclose.

Muddlerminnow, Foo2rama and marco like this.
  8. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Dec 24, 2018