Forums Latest Members
  1. Dablitzer Jan 25, 2013

This is the next watch I'm after....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359140917.686310.jpg

Looks like a trip to the Philippines is In order...

2. alam Jan 25, 2013

get one for me too ... :D

3. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jan 25, 2013

I am from there and have lots of family and friends there and this watch has never surfaced there so don't really know anyone who has it or if any even exist. Besides the weather there from late March to early June can be punishingly humid so if any exist there it is likely to be in poor shape. Up until the 1980s, air conditioning wasn't the norm there and that's why kids are off from school there during April and May because the weather was so oppressive that it was unbearable to hold classes in that heat and humidity.

4. ulackfocus Jan 25, 2013

I see somebody got himself AJTT. :thumbsup: Your wallet is in double jeopardy now, and I don't mean the game show. :eek:

As with Mike, I've never seen this watch in person let alone for sale.

....and yes, he's telling the truth about AC in the islands. Windy is Filipino too and after hearing the stories of the humidity I want no parts of going there unless an extended cold snap is forecast.

5. Dablitzer Jan 25, 2013

Wow, Mike. I never knew you came from there! It's true, i'm guessing it's a pipe dream...but you never know..If I find it someone will clearly know it's worth and put a big fat juicy premium on it...

Dennis, it's on loan from STS! ;) Apparently my new black waffle had been serviced there before? So it must of been around the world a few times!

6. ulackfocus Jan 25, 2013

Oh, forgot to mention that I used AJTT the same way a kid used the Sears christmas catalogue.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SpikiSpikester, Alpha and AJDay like this.
  7. Dablitzer Jan 25, 2013

Is that an 18k Seamaster I spy?

::thumbsup::

8. chiko7734 Jan 25, 2013

I bought that Connie from Mike so maybe he got it serviced there!

9. ulackfocus Jan 25, 2013

Yes, sold recently to Jeff / jwalther for one of his buddy's birthday presents (a birth year watch). The 14ct Connie pie pan went to one of Hoi's friends overseas.

10. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jan 25, 2013

I do have a trusted watchmaker in the Philippines who has serviced a few of my watches but most of my stuff is serviced by a watchmaker but also a friend who lives less than 10 miles away from me in NJ. My guy in the Philippines is actually a regular in TZ - he goes by the handle le arsi there. He's also does tower clocks and has a son who works as a watchmaker for patek in HK.

11. Dablitzer Jan 25, 2013

I think that's a NO then...lol

12. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 25, 2013

There would definitely be enough Patek's in HK to keep him busy, that's for sure