Forums Latest Members
  1. karalhoin Jun 15, 2016

So what's everyone thinking about the new Planet Ocean? I have to admit this is the first time I feel really tempted by an Omega diver. It looks great. Like a DSOTM that can swim property. :D

More ZrO2 it seems. Ceramic time again :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wetworks likes this.
  2. ctime3 Jun 15, 2016

I personally like it. I saw the new PO's in person that were not ceramic so this one must be amazing.

3. jcmartinez98 Jun 15, 2016

I like the look only of the all black one

I think dive watches are so popular because they're tough and can take getting banged up, (Most don't use them for their true diving properties), so it seems to me that making one out of ceramic is like making a race bike out of lead.

I guess it makes it solely about appearance, which bugs me a bit.

But we all knew it was coming...

overlinjw, Linzer and alam like this.
  4. Which Watch Next Jun 15, 2016

I need to see them in person. The crown and He valve look huge, and I think the colors are a bit too trendy. Especially at the higher price point. I guess it is a swatch after all... Not too interested in a GMT diver either. Again, I will have to see them in person, but I am not really motivated to go to the boutique for just that purpose. Let me say, PO's have been my absolute favorite Omegas and best expresses my personality, but eh... Maybe it is time to move on...

5. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Jun 15, 2016

I like that it's both GMT, on the rehaut, and diver on the bezel. a nice, modern looking GMT.

6. alam Jun 15, 2016

that's a ::love:: -looking diver! is that another ceramic case? if so, can't be banging that one against the coral reef! :D size? and yes, the GMT feature is a plus to me...

oddboy likes this.
  7. Superdoc Jun 15, 2016

They are all the 45.5 mm size...
    Which doesn't bother me at all.. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

They are pretty spectacular...

Although I will admit... The buy list does have the moonphase Speedmaster, the ck2998 in front of one of these...

speedy_tc, ahartfie, Wetworks and 4 others like this.
  8. EatMan Jun 15, 2016

Wow!! Awesome photos. I see why you said you liked Sedna gold on the other thread.

9. Exarkun12 Jun 16, 2016

The all black one looks good, would be dangerous to see it in person :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Caller and karalhoin like this.
  10. Bushido Jun 16, 2016

I do like these enough to want to see and try one on in person. Leaving aesthetics aside a moment, I'm also appreciating the engineering and design in the movement and case construction.

A question perhaps someone can answer: What's the reason for the movement being 25.2k bph versus 28.8k or higher? From a purely personal preference, I enjoy the smoother/sweeping hands when appreciating the movement on the dial. With such a large case, I would anticipate quite noticeable "ticking" of the second hand. (Yep, this is nitpicky...I know)

11. relaxer7 Jun 16, 2016

No braclet puts me off

12. karalhoin Jun 16, 2016

I really like that strap. Looks like the cordura/leather strap on the DSOTM but in rubber. Hmm, wonder if they will be easy to get separately.

13. karalhoin Jun 16, 2016

Good points, but at this level I think they are not tool watches, they're just adapted to the modern world. It's a lot more likely to have people scratch watches on office tables and so on than against corals. Same with the HE valve and other gimmicks. For a real functional diver I'd buy something else.

But it's interesting that they expanded the use of ZrO2 for case and dials. Probably they aren't turning out to be a problem in terms of repairs/warranty claims (just speculating).

14. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Jun 16, 2016

15. WatchVaultNYC Jun 16, 2016

May not be for me, but it looks amazing

16. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Jun 16, 2016

From what I can remember, George Daniels designed the co-axial escapement to run at the lower beat rate.
    Omega tried upping the beat rate on the early 2500's which proved to be a mistake, so they reverted to the lower beat rate for the subsequent
    2500 movements .
    Take this with a pinch of salt because I read it on WUS.

Bushido likes this.
  17. Bushido Jun 16, 2016

Thanks for the reply. That seems to be tickling my memory as well with difficulty increasing the beat rate on these movements. From that, if true, then the 9300 movements must be quite different as they do beat at 28.8k. Interesting. Perhaps some of our technical experts may elucidate further?

18. Rahkshi007 Jun 16, 2016

I hope that All black rubber strap can fit on DSOTM :taunt:

19. Superdoc Jun 16, 2016

Unlikely
    The DSOTM lug width is 21mm
    The PO will be 22mm , rubber does tend to be more forgiving... But these are integrated straps... And may not hug the case of the Speedmaster the way it does the PO

20. Sose Jun 17, 2016

Looks fantastic!

Would probably never get one, unless I get a smoking deal on one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk