The most unique Omega I have found! 1970 Andrew Grima Emerald Cube!

I picked this up the other day for a good price. It is so extremely unique and I have only been able to find one other online. The condition is good overall. The movement desperately needs cleaning. Small scratch on the dial. Overall it is such a unique and cool piece for Omega and screams MCM 1970s. What are your thoughts on it? I would love the original metal bracelet instead of a leather strap!!

That is a super cool watch. Well done.

Is it a plastic spacer/guard between the movement and dial? It looks as if it might be off-gassing and causing some corrosion on the movement?

It is so extremely unique
Are there degrees of being unique? And how unique is it if you found another one on line? Anyway, that's a great find and a great watch. 👍

That is very cool, I love this era of key-bolt compressor cases and the extreme crystal profiles they use, will have to write about this reference at some point.

It’s similar to these Deauville’s in structure with the same ladies movement https://stories.omegaforums.net/omega-deville-deauville-compressor-tank/
Many thanks! Looking forward to getting this fixed up. I'm so lucky the crystal is in great condition with almost no noticeable scratches. Andrew Grima has such an interesting story with his connection to Omega and his style is amazing!

Very cool watch, can't Go wrong with finding the unique ones I own a Andrew Grima also here's mine

One of my first jobs was to deliver to Andrew Grima in Jermyn Street in 1978.

The first time I went, I could not find the entrance to the shop, until I saw someone come out, apparently from the wall. There are very few images I can find, here is the best:

Andrew Grima was a true jeweller, creating interesting pieces for a knowledgable, fashionable and interesting clientele. He was successful enough to maintain that shop in the west end.

I cannot think of a current Jeweller with anything like the following or ability. It's all "luxury" now.

On deeper thought, I would cite JAR, but I am not sure how active he is now. Both Jewellers of their time.

Basically, if a jeweller has more than two shops, it's a chain, and they are not jewellers, they sell accessories, no matter the price. The designs are by committee, not divine inspiration.

Grima remains an inspiration as an innovative thinker.