Forums Latest Members

FS Very rare 18kt YG Omega DeVille "Emerald" by Andrew Grima

1. vujen Nov 29, 2019

Hi guys!
    Up for sale this lovely and incredibly rare watch from late 60s - early 70s.
    This is a really beautiful - I'd say - ladies' watch, a true jewel made by Omega. This "Emerald" line features a solid gold case and an astonishing plexy cutted like a true precious stone, giving the watch a super bright and precious look, very difficult to show with pics, because light - and its games with faceted glass - is definitely a factor in this kind of watches.
    Case looks basically unpolished, as you can see original finishings are still present, and measures 32mm in the large side. Leather strap is generic, as well as buckle, and measures 14mm.
    Automatic calibre 661 is working well, but not freshly serviced.
    Champagne dial matches perfectly the gold case and it's in very nice conditions, with just some minor spots.
    It's not easy to find news upon this watch; usually they are GP and not so appealing, but this solid gold example has totally another charme. I've found just two other examples, one head only and another one with gold bracelets, and requests are very high imho. I'd like to have 1500€ net to me for this watch.

Speaking about the author behind this creation: "Andrew Grima, who was arguably his generation’s foremost jeweler, counted Queen Elisabeth II among his clients. The Emerald line is distinguished by the generous proportions of its emerald-cut crystals of precious stone, quartz or mineral glass, made only until 1973".

Me and watch are located in Italy, lots of refs to provide if needed.
    Thank you all!

Now some pics:

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

8.jpg

6.jpg

1.jpg

4.jpg

7.jpg

10.jpg

12.jpg

wristpirate, neilfrancis and b-lilja like this.
  2. vujen Dec 1, 2019

up!

3. vujen Dec 5, 2019

up :)

4. vujen Dec 9, 2019

up! amazing Christmas gift for ladies ;)

5. M'Bob Dec 9, 2019

Or for a guy who's extremely confident in his masculinity...

Michal M., kkt, divetime and 2 others like this.
  6. vujen Dec 13, 2019

HA! Can't agree more!

7. vujen Dec 16, 2019

up!

8. vujen Jan 13, 2020

up!