The Monodatic Appreciation Society

Posts
388
Likes
3,477
if it's really cheap and you can enjoy it with all three hands wrong plus wrong crown, knock yourself out.

i would not want to be trying to find correct hands and crown for this watch.

it's always a plus when you have the roulette date wheel (odd dates are red), I'm not sure why some monos have it and some don't, this one obviously doesn't

As always, greatly appreciate the feedback and input -- definitely helped to temper my initial enthusiasm and prevented me from making a mistaken acquisition. The replacement crown didn't bother me too much, but the missing original hands were problematic. I did some asking around with local watchmakers, and they all confirmed that finding the correct hands would be virtually impossible apart from finding a donor watch. Again, thanks to the UG Monodatic experts in this thread for your advice.
 
Posts
260
Likes
651
I acquired this 18K Monodatic yesterday.
I didn't know the ref. and so it was a bit of a gamble. I'd wager the lugs are polished a bit but I'm pleased regardless.

What a beauty… Congrats!
 
Posts
852
Likes
3,672
It’s been a minute since I’ve had this one on the wrist… always love how it wears, though!
 
Posts
539
Likes
2,524
I took custody of this Monodatic from @Makfees last year. Just sweated profusely while installing this new strap - I hate female spring bars - but they look great together.
 
Posts
1,209
Likes
3,069
Reference material on the Monodate we came across whilst researching the Polerouter for our book.

 
Posts
1,209
Likes
3,069
Herewith my application for membership... with profound thanks to @MarktheTime who hooked me up with Dandy Watchman (who I believe inspired the original thread starter). Loving it!
I just picked up one of these with rose gold hands and hour markers. Needs a service but super pleased.

 
Posts
3,677
Likes
8,481
I just picked up one of these with rose gold hands and hour markers. Needs a service but super pleased.


that's an amazing dial !
 
Posts
1,209
Likes
3,069
what do you think?

I can't see anything immediately wrong with it. Do you have doubts?
 
Posts
3,677
Likes
8,481
I can't see anything immediately wrong with it. Do you have doubts?

no it looks good to me. have we seen a black dial mono before, i can't remember?
 
Posts
966
Likes
2,352
It looks fine. Getting a matching silver handset for a Monodatic will be more of a challenge than yellow gold - don't ask me how I know this...
 
Posts
686
Likes
7,585
It looks fine. Getting a matching silver handset for a Monodatic will be more of a challenge than yellow gold - don't ask me how I know this...
<Bites>
How do you know this?
 
Posts
3,677
Likes
8,481
It looks fine. Getting a matching silver handset for a Monodatic will be more of a challenge than yellow gold - don't ask me how I know this...

good point. Can you "unblue" hands to get them back to silver?
 
Posts
548
Likes
2,567
no it looks good to me. have we seen a black dial mono before, i can't remember?

I don’t think I have, especially in the black and silver combo. I’m with you, B, this seems like a most unusual find. If anyone has a Mono in this colour way - please share it!
 
Posts
1,320
Likes
7,891
Not black and silver but stumbled upon a couple black variants. The first one belonged to @MattF while the waffle one is supposedly refinished so may not have started life as a black dial.