Forums Latest Members

The horrible month of May (Tracking international packages to Canada)

1. Jonatan Jun 10, 2017

Hi folks,

I have a few packages coming in from Switzerland via Swiss Post and all have been sent over a month ago. The only tracking I get is that it's left Switzerland. When I phoned Canada post to inquire they say they can't help since it's the tracking number starts with RC and when the senders inquire on their side Swiss Post says they can't help since it's left Switzerland. On the phone, the person I spoke to said it wasn't normal that it took this long but that there's nothing he can do. Registered mail should take a week or two max.

I have never had any problems before and now 3 different packages all at once? Can they all be stuck at the customs for over a month?

I remember seeing a post a while back with a way of tracking international shipments. Tried looking for it but couldn't find it. Maybe other Canadian members or anyone else with more experience can reassure me that it takes a lot longer. Thanks for any help or insight into this problem.

I've sent regular snail mail birthday cards from Switzerland and they would take 5 days to get to the destination.

Screen Shot 2017-06-10 at 14.04.32.png
  2. Omeg@007 BLACK & ORANGE rule!!! Jun 10, 2017

I am having same issue...i sent an item to Canada on 15th May 2107 and till now no sign of it at Canada post....and same thing they are saying....i believe Canada Post are just getting worse !

3. Jonatan Jun 10, 2017

The month of May has been horrible for me.

On top of the limbo watches, I've been scammed by this guy from Paris who sold me a watch. We exchanged IDs, which I naively thought would give me a little more protection. I wired the money to his account and not it's also been three weeks and since he's had my money no more news. I was supposed to get this Polerouter bumper. MODS I'm adding his ID in case it can stop anyone else from getting screwed over please let me know if I should remove. I also have an address and his bank info and will gladly share if it can help.

The cherry on top of the sundae is a good friend from this forum sent me a gift and I made the mistake in my new address. So now the gift is also in limbo since the address doesn't exist and who knows what's going to happen to the gift.

Not my best month and really ashamed of myself. All of this is leaving a bitter taste in my mouth and turning me off from vintage watches.

Screen Shot 2017-06-10 at 14.35.46.png Screen Shot 2017-06-10 at 14.36.03.png Screen Shot 2017-06-10 at 14.36.21.png
  4. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Jun 10, 2017

Here's a tip.. If you have a smart phone, install the Canada Post app. I find - at least on Android - that you will get Notifications as the package moves, even though the main app itself doesn't show the updates. Dunno why, but that little surprise has helped me sleep at night.

Jonatan and R3D9 like this.
  5. Uniqez Jun 10, 2017

Canadian custom suck, I know they are trying to do their job, but every time company ships anything with overnight delivery to our Canadian customers, it gets stuck at the custom for at least 3 days...
    We have learned it hard way, no more overnight shipping, if we want our customer to get it fast.

6. Jonatan Jun 10, 2017

Done, thanks for the suggestion.

7. Euxinus Jun 10, 2017

I don't mean to rub salt in a wound but I always pay with paypal through a credit card. If a seller refuses PayPal they better have outstanding references. I'm not sure if there is a way to recover money if you used a wire transfer. Maybe the French police could be of help, but this might require for that id to be legitimate.

Also, as a fellow Canadian I feel that struggle of not being able to track some international packages, but they all seemed to make it within the quoted time ( but ussualy the upper range).

Edited a typo.

Edited Jun 10, 2017
  8. Jonatan Jun 10, 2017

Don't worry I know and I'm the only one to blame here. I have done this many times before with people in the US and throughout the world and never had any problems before. Even in Switzerland I would send money left and right and sit and wait for the watch. I guess it was just a matter of time before it caught up to me.

As for what to do, I don't know, I mean I have his home address, his work e-mail, a bank account number and a copy of his ID. But it's his word against mine.

9. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Jun 10, 2017

Check your spam folder? Call the guy? Keep am eye open for the same watch posted somewhere else?

10. Fatcat Jun 10, 2017

I sent a whole watch in "simple priority" pack and the tracking provide me the information until the door, this was also in May .

11. Fost Jun 11, 2017

I sent 3 différents package one month ago, 1 to Canada, 1 to Singapore and 1 to Australia... None of them were delivered yet... So i decided to refund everybody waiting for any potential delivery...
    It never happened before and I still don't understand...

12. Omeg@007 BLACK & ORANGE rule!!! Jun 11, 2017

I shipped on 15 May 2017 to : France, Canada, Singapore, UK and Netherland. All arrived except the one to Canada still not arrived...very annoying as this is my first time experience with such a selay to Canada. Sent many to Canada witout a fail....

Edited Jun 11, 2017
  13. nalexi Jun 11, 2017

i know is not the moment, but....
    Theresa MAY had a horrible month::facepalm2::
    Joke:D:D:D

Rumar89 and Jonatan like this.
  14. Omeg@007 BLACK & ORANGE rule!!! Jun 11, 2017

Cheeee..this is serious...imagine you have to refund for all those plus you dont know if your items will be returned or lost. Definitely not a Joke but a catastrophe

15. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 11, 2017

In my experience, receiving many registered mail parcels from various countries all over the world shipped to me in Canada, a registered package taking a week or two would be unheard of. I've never received one that fast. Registered is the slowest mail there is, but also the most secure. Personally I don't think you are close to panic timeframe yet, so just relax and provided you gave the right address, it will most likely get there.

I have received thousands of watches via the mail - never had one go missing yet. Everyone expects courier like service from the post office - managing expectations is I'm sure a tough thing, but it will help you stay sane.

Cheers, Al

16. Jonatan Jun 11, 2017

Good to know, thanks, Al. It kind of freaked me out when the post office employee and the mail man told me it shouldn't take this long. I'm happy to get a second opinion.

Yes, I'll keep e-mailing him and see I can actually do. Luckily it wasn't expensive as it was going to be a project watch (wasn't working and the wrong crown) but it still sucks. I'll try to track him down.

It can always be worst.:D

17. Jonatan Jun 25, 2017

18. Omeg@007 BLACK & ORANGE rule!!! Jun 25, 2017

19. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 25, 2017

Jonatan, jcs2000 and Mouse_at_Large like this.
  20. Canuck Jun 25, 2017

The presence of bear didn't seem to interfere with the letter carrier who left the form at the door. There's something here that we don't know.