The Great OF Baking Thread

Posts
2,608
Likes
7,264
Inspired by the Great British Baking Show.
During one of the episodes they had a German Schichttorte/Baumkuchen (layer cake/treecake) which we love and consume a lot when in Germany. inspired by the recipe we baked our own. Not bad for the first attempt but room for improvement.

 
Posts
1,046
Likes
5,447
File these under How I Spent My Pandemic.

100% whole grain bread (we actually bought a grain grinder), banana bread, whole grain peanut butter cookies.

 
Posts
9,243
Likes
76,981
Oh dear... Really this thread




Mmmmmm ......... lemon meringue 馃グ
Shame you鈥檙e not local 馃槣
 
Posts
4,014
Likes
45,096
Mmmmmm ......... lemon meringue 馃グ
Shame you鈥檙e not local 馃槣
Tell me about it... Though nothing near what my grandmother used to bake! Her lemon pie (merengue) was divine... Best eva!
 
Posts
10,068
Likes
57,378
This thread is like driving by an accident scene. You know that you shouldn鈥檛 look, but ...
 
Posts
2,690
Likes
12,534
I bake once a week on Saturday. Usually just some wholegrain buns for breakfast like these with spelt and emmer flour. Probably pretty close to bread that was baked in Europe 3000-4000 years ago

Edited:
 
Posts
293
Likes
2,011
Agree, great idea for a thread. I would post but whatever we bake gets eaten way to quickly! 馃槵
 
Posts
1,089
Likes
6,544
How about some Aebleskiver, properly baked in an antique Griswold 962 aebleskiver pan?



Loosen up yer belts, boys!馃檮
 
Posts
439
Likes
938
File these under How I Spent My Pandemic.

100% whole grain bread (we actually bought a grain grinder), banana bread, whole grain peanut butter cookies.

International shipping available? 馃槻
 
Posts
374
Likes
344
There are so many fascinating threads on this forum.

I am inspired to make pasty/borek - perhaps this week.
 
Posts
13,915
Likes
54,107
Doing a lot of cooking but have not attempted bread. These pics give me reason to give it a shot.
 
Posts
1,372
Likes
2,001
Give me 2 days. I mashed together a couple of cake recipes and am baking it Thursday. We'll see if I poison myself
 
Posts
13,489
Likes
31,802
Maybe we can get Paul Hollywood to moderate this thread. 馃榿
 
Posts
487
Likes
1,720
The burning question, though, how do you all time your bakes???