Forums Latest Members

The Great Big Introductions Thread

1. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Feb 25, 2014

Old, new, sentimental, quality throughout.
    You will do well here , Sir!

dibs on the old Omega!!

2. barmy Feb 25, 2014

Well Uncle Buck....you'll have to get in line...Omega is only a week old and the kids are at the front of the line.

3. CdnWatchDoc Feb 25, 2014

Hi Barry,
    Welcome to the forum from one Canuck to another! Pretty nice collection you have going there ("all I can afford..." including a Rolex President!!). Love to see more pictures, especially of the Longines-sounds like there is a story to go along with that lovely piece-do tell!! ::beer::

4. msp1518 Mar 6, 2014

Gents and ladies, My name is Matt Stevens and I have lurked here for quite some time. I reside on the East Coast, going back and forth between the Carolinas and NYC. I own a Seiko 6923-8080A gold plated James Bond "A View To A Kill" Quartz that looks new (though I am seeking a bracelet replacement). I also own two Orients and just purchased my first OMGEA, the 200m Seamaster Pro "Pre-Bond" in Two Tone. Though I am worried about the quartz movement being genuine and will post in the appropriate forum.

Here is the Omega. I love it and have wanted one for a very long time.

[​IMG]

barmy likes this.
  5. MirMan Mar 8, 2014

Hi All,
    Being an electrical engineer, I came across this forum looking for a tuning fork timepiece and got bitten by the Omega bug.
    To be honest, I recently took up an international transfer and I only realised after I got here that it wasn't for me. But thanks OF for keeping my sanity in check while I'm here. I really enjoy reading the interesting and very informative posts over here and I am slowly developing an appreciation for the craftsmanship of mechanical timepieces. Also, having a couple of recently acquired pieces waiting for me when I get back on R&R is always something to look forward to!

6. lenny Mar 14, 2014

Hello everyone,

I'm Lenny. I'm a physician by training, but in actuality a stay at home dad. Over the years, I have collected mostly JDM Seikos and Citizens, but recently have started to take an interest in vintage Omegas. So far, I have picked up a 911 flightmaster and a pilot line memomatic. Since I love the case design so much, I am sort of - kind of - thinking about an Omega SM 1000m too.

CanberraOmega likes this.
  7. ulackfocus Mar 14, 2014

Hi Lenny. Hi MirMan.

Pictures please!

8. lenny Mar 14, 2014

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Barking mad likes this.
  9. keesvc Mar 17, 2014

R0018024.JPG R0018021.JPG R0018032.JPG R0018031.JPG Hello to all,

I recently inherited 2 Omega watches and out of curiosity am trying to find out as much as possible about them. They belonged to my deceased parents and were purchased around 1967 at a jeweler in Las Palmas (Canary Islands) on the way back home from having worked/lived in Africa for several years. At the time having an Omega watch was somewhat of a status symbol with expats and knowing how hard my dad worked to save up for them, both watches have a lot of emotional value to me. Neither works, nor have they done so for quite some time, as I remember seeing them unused in my mom's jewelery case for the last 20 years.

I was able to open the ladies watch and document some of the information internally:
    On the inside of the back cover is stamped F.C.4043. I tried looking this up on the Omega online database, but got no hits. Also it is stamped with 18K and 0'750.
    The S/N on the actual timepiece seems to be 25768994, which I learned means a 1967 build.
    Additionally it has a OMEGA symbol with the number 1 in it and 620 stamped below it, which I assume means caliber 620?

The men's watch has the words AUTOMATIC CHRONOMETER OFFICIALLY CERTIFIED and at the bottom, Constellation on the bezel, with a single gold star below it.

I would appreciate any information, so I can make an educated decision whether to have them serviced (and restored).

Thanks and regards
    Kees

10. bigdubnick Mar 17, 2014

Greetings

I've been reading through posts on this forum for the last month and the amount of expertise here is humbling. My love of watches started when I was a teenager due my fascinated with the Citizen WR100 Solar Tech watch I bought myself...I couldn't believe a watch could be solar powered. During my 20s, I owned quartz watches (mainly Tissots) and was amazed that a watch could start a conversation - I still own the Tissot PRC200 and it always gets compliments when I wear it. Most recently I have come to the realization that I was (and still am) incredibly naive about timepieces. I bought my first automatic a few years ago and couldn't believe that my wrist movement kept it running. As of today, I own one Omega (AT), a couple Zodiacs, a few Tissots and a Seiko - and each has its own sentimental story for me. But for some reason, I haunt this board reading and drooling over watches. My hit list used to consist of new watches and now I've dropped those and am really focused on vintage watches, Omega being the bulk of them (Constellation Pie Pan, Seamaster Deville, Speedmaster Pre-moon, etc).

This forum is incredible and I am glad to see how welcoming it is for newcomers. Just look for me on posts - I'll be the one in complete awe of almost everything ::jumpy::

Cheers
    Nick

Oh - here are a couple pics....

photo.JPG
    photo 4.JPG

SpikiSpikester and OmegaWIS like this.
  11. Barking mad Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Mar 20, 2014

Hey Nick,
    welcome. I am a relative newbie myself and yes it is a good, friendly and knowledgable bunch of people. I don't think looking at awe at beautiful watches is restricted to newbies, that's why we are here..

12. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Mar 20, 2014

Hello nick.......Great. You are ready with good box (es), now let us help you to fill them ........
    We love to help other spend their money as much as we spend ourselves.::bleh::

13. lisandrodarica Mar 24, 2014

Hi every body, nice to become a part of this great forum. I am & i will still a long time Omega owner and fanatic of this brand. I have 5 in my growing collection now!!

14. Hijak Mar 24, 2014

In real estate its "location, location, location" in watch collecting its "condition, condition, condition" and on the introduction thread when you talk about your five watches its "pictures, pictures, pictures!;)

15. Seamaster74 Mar 24, 2014

Hi everyone, really happy to be part of the community.
    Ive admired Omega watches for many years, particularly the Seamaster Diver 300M (it became somewhat of an obsession).
    I've never had the opportunity to own it until recently, when I had a big birthday and the stars aligned. :)
    Now the proud owner of the Diver 300M in black and I absolutely love it!
    I think this might be the start of a beautiful Omega relationship.

I hope to spend many happy hours on here, learning a great deal and of course, gazing longingly at Omega watches!

DanOmega likes this.
  16. JackW Mar 26, 2014

Hello everybody,

I'm a watch enthousiast in my thirties from the Netherlands. I have a small, but ever changing collection of watches, which used to be mainly divers. Lately I've been focusing a bit more on dressy watches, mainly because I've developed a love for the classic Oystercase (Date, DJ etc.). Over time, I've always had one or two Omegas in the collection. There's something about (vintage) Omega that's just so 'right' for wont of a better word. I'm a member of four other watch forums, but my continuous coming back to Omega prompted me to finally register here. I'm hoping to add my enthousiasm and practical knowledge of some models, whilst tapping in to the knowledge pool of the more experienced members.

As I'm guessing pics are highly appreciated, here's a chronological overview of the Omegas I've owned.

6700847961_bf0ef62fe4.jpg

6759201965_550bcd3c00.jpg

7197466070_20775635cf.jpg

9240299285_a015370143.jpg

8775607841_c1d01cd105.jpg

9797296744_6e31ce6842.jpg

13421534223_7e01cfd205.jpg

Privateday7 and dsio like this.
  17. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 26, 2014

Welcome Jack, we have quite a few Dutch members around here

18. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 27, 2014

Welcome Jack :thumbsup:

19. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Mar 27, 2014

Hoi Jack, nice collection!
    Being Dutch and all, by any chance, do you have a holiday flat in Bonaire I can rent?

20. hmaia Mar 28, 2014

Hello,
    My name is Hermilio. I am a retired mechanical engineer, now teaching mathematics at a community college in Portland.
    I have an Omega Grand Prix de Paris 1900 ( My grandfather's watch) and Omega Speedmaster Professional Mark II.
    My hobbies are Formula 1 and prototype racing, simulation racing, building complex Pocher vintage car models, reading and mathematics.