Forums Latest Members

The Great Big Introductions Thread

1. FrankNYC Nov 12, 2019

Hello, all! I'm Frank from NY. Long time TRF poster but dabbling in Omega!
    Signed up a while ago and totally forgot about this forum. haha. Now that I'm easing my way into Omegas I should be here more frequently.

Nathan1967 likes this.
  2. Deltatango Nov 19, 2019

Howdy everyone, coming to yall from Texas. Been lurking for quite some time now but wanted to become more active in the forum. I am currently in the process of starting my collection and a Speed professional moonphase 3576.50.00 has caught my eye. Thanks to everyone for the wealth of knowledge on this forum.

Nathan1967 likes this.
  3. andrewlynch Nov 19, 2019

Hi all, I'm here as I need some advice. I dont own any Omega's and only bought myself any significant watches the last two years so a lot to learn.

I have a brother who is having his first child in a month, he is a big watch guy and has always had an interest in getting a moonwatch, although he was always considering various vintage options. I wanted to as a present to commemorate his first kid get him a new one, so he could be the custodian of the watch until the 18th birthday and then it be passed down to him as a present from his dad, bought by his uncle and create a whole story.

I dont know enough about what im buying though and im concerned ill get the wrong one and it will linger over this present forever which would be a real shame. I want it to be as close to the history of the watch as possible for the modern versions, I did read and watch some reviews but there seem to be some conflicting info ... suggestions would be much appreciated.

4. Noddyman Nov 19, 2019

Maybe start your own thread regarding the Moonwatch, be specific in your title, you will get a lot more responses than posting here.

DaveK likes this.
  5. MPWATCH Watch Lover Nov 19, 2019

Back from the dead,

I used to post often but I've been in the trenches hustling hard. I'm back OF

Missed you

Sincerely,

Thomas

Nathan1967 and DaveK like this.
  6. mickszym Nov 21, 2019

Hola folks,
    saludos from sunny Mexico! I've been lurking here for some time but I guess it's time to formally join the club!

Best regards,
    Mike

yande and Nathan1967 like this.
  7. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers Nov 21, 2019

I just found out a coworker collects antique perfume bottles. I didn’t even know that was a thing people did. Lots of interesting folks here. Welcome!

8. Kjian414 Nov 23, 2019

Hello everyone I’m Kevin a recent graduate in the business field. I first got into watches when I was 16 and my mom bought me a Bulova 96c105. It was a pretty nice watch and I loved the design. When I was 18 I bought myself a Bulova 96a120 with the open heart that allowed me to look at the movement and really see the inner workings of the watch. About 3 years ago my dad bought a Rolex Submariner two tone Bluesy 116613LB to celebrate the success of his company and that was when I really got into luxury timepieces. Last year a wealthy family of mine came from Hong Kong with a collection of 3 watches totaling about 100k (Vacheron Constantin, JLC, Patek Philippe) and that’s when I really got interested into luxury watches and wanted one for myself.

I have been reselling designer clothing and accessories so I applied the same concept to watches in that I would buy low and sell high. So that’s my way of being able to enjoy watches without actually having to spend a lot of money. I started a side business buying selling and trading watches so I get new watches in every now and then. I’m an enthusiast first and a “dealer” second so for the most part I buy what I like.

9. yande Nov 23, 2019

Yesh, I too have just become aware of the "Frangrance Collector." I think that is pretty cool. Not many collections are based around our olfactry senses. (I do wish there were warning labels on cheap perfume though.. Just because it's cheap, doesnt mean you have to use twice as much.. I detest cheap perfume (male or female) with a passion..

DaveK likes this.
  10. JAWWW Nov 25, 2019

Hello everyone!

Born in Singapore and am currently travelling around Europe. I collect vintage mechanical cameras and am starting my journey on vintage Omegas. I am still very new to this but am really excited to get my first piece soon and have been diligently doing my research (and taking actual notes)!

I have learnt so much from reading omegaforum and I hope that someday I would be able to pay it forward and help others too. Really looking forward to learning even more from everyone!

Cheers and have a lovely day~

64Wing and DaveK like this.
  11. janice&fred Dec 7, 2019

hi gang!

boy oh boy I sure recognize a bunch of y'all from other watch sites! we are Janice and fred and no strangers to the vintage watch scene and were mostly busy over the years at the military watch forum (MWR) and Eric's vintage rolex forum (VRF).

after years living and working in Cebu city Philippines we have recently been stationed back here in Connecticut. as some may remember we are prolific watch treasure hunters. now we will focus our watch hunting and collecting both in the Philippines and in the tri-state area. I first cut my teeth in the vintage watch word in the manhattan Chelsea weekend markets as well as the 47th st madness and now that we are based stateside we can harass the weekend watch warriors there as well as glom up whatever cool pieces we can find locally in Ct.

hope to run into some of you tri-state guys on the weekends and share war stories as well as show and discuss some of our finds here on the forum and happy hunting!

12. 64Wing Dec 7, 2019

Welcome to the forum, and more importantly welcome home!

janice&fred likes this.
  13. MtnBkr Dec 7, 2019

Hi everyone, long time lurker, first time poster. I'm Nick D, a CPA from the Boston, MA USA area. I love mechanical things: motorcycles, mountain bikes, fine fly reels and...watches.

Will trade tax advice for watch advice!

janice&fred and 64Wing like this.
  14. 64Wing Dec 7, 2019

Seems to me that you are a man of good tastes

MtnBkr likes this.
  15. FJR1971 Dec 16, 2019

I should probably say hi after months of browsing. This forum really helped me with my pursuit of my first Omega.

And here is the result... 296D0B3B-A453-401C-8AC5-4F1A6DD1A7D5.jpeg

16. NEWT Dec 19, 2019

Greetings from the cornfields of the Midwest!

Admin was kind enough to allow me to become a member as of yesterday, thank you. I have been lurking for a few days and found the information in some of these threads fascinating.

I have a couple of vintage Speedmasters that I would like to bring back to life.

The Moonwatch was a gift from my dad in 1970, I was 17-18 at the time. May have been a birthday or high school gad gift. It has been in my possession the entire time. The Mark II was my dads which I acquired when he passed in 2003. Both of these were purchased new and as far as I know, neither has ever been opened or serviced.

IMG_4620.JPG

While I have a few more photos, I'll probably post them in the vintage thread and seek advice on how to proceed with service and such. I am also waiting on a flash for my canon that will hopefully improve my pics.

Just wanted to say hi and hope I am able to add some worthwhile content to the site.

Cheers, Steve

64Wing likes this.
  17. Spec Dec 29, 2019

Hey.
    I just joined the forums here. I work in finance and have acquired a number of watches over the last 2-3 years. I have a sizable collection that will soon need to be scaled down- a few James Bond 007 Omegas (including 50 and 40 year anniversaries) and a bunch more. I don’t know much about watches- I’m just getting into it as a hobby and I hope to learn more through this forum.

Baoboy likes this.
  18. Baoboy Jan 1, 2020

Hey,

long time lurker, but just joining now to speak to likeminded people.

Big Omega fan and living in Nottingham, UK - no family background in watches either and got into it all myself. I fell down a hole and find myself constantly trawling posts and window shopping any opportunity I get.

First watch was an Omega Speedmaster I purchased but one of my favourite watches is a classic Seiko diver. Hoping to purchase a Seamaster before too long.

Ttinbkk, Nathan1967 and DaveK like this.
  19. nick79 Jan 2, 2020

Greetings and Happy New Year everyone!

I've had this watch for 12 years, but have only worn it for the past couple years. When I take some more pictures I will post to the vintage section, I have some questions that the experts can chime in on.
    Thanks in advance,
    Nick

20200102_141945.jpg
    Nathan1967 and DaveK like this.
  20. Sav Jan 3, 2020

First post. Looking forward to being a part of the community. Current Omegas are a Shom and a Seamaster 200 166.091.

Nathan1967 and Deltatango like this.