The future of the NTTD

I'm considering a used NTTD. Going through old threads from a couple of years back, it was discussed if the watch already was discontinued after a limited run. However as of today it is still active. Do you think the end date for this model is the next JB movie?

Seeing the upcoming suspected model (in another thread) it seems to have the design language for the models to come (though in titanium etc.)

My question is - is this a movie gadget that will be forgotten in history, or will it stand on its own feet when we look back?

At the latest when the next generation of the Seamaster Diver 300m is released, the current Seamaster Diver 300m generation (which includes the NTTD) will be discontinued.
I suspect that this will be the case next year.
There will certainly be some remaining stock that will still be sold. However, the watch will then no longer be manufactured by Omega and delivered to the ADs and the Omega Boutique.

I can well imagine that the NTTD will continue to be a model that will be fondly remembered in the future. It marks the end of the Bond era with Daniel Craig. It is a very special model that was probably not sold as often as the classic 300M model due to its high price.

At the latest when the next generation of the Seamaster Diver 300m is released, the current Seamaster Diver 300m generation (which includes the NTTD) will be discontinued.
I suspect that this will be the case next year.
There will certainly be some remaining stock that will still be sold. However, the watch will then no longer be manufactured by Omega and delivered to the ADs and the Omega Boutique.

I can well imagine that the NTTD will continue to be a model that will be fondly remembered in the future. It marks the end of the Bond era with Daniel Craig. It is a very special model that was probably not sold as often as the classic 300M model due to its high price.

Great answer, thanks. I wonder why everybody seems to expect a new 300m soon? Isn't the PO and AT first in line for a refresh?

is this a movie gadget that will be forgotten in history, or will it stand on its own feet when we look back?
Nobody can predict this , and why is it important ? If the watch appeals to you, go for it.

Great answer, thanks. I wonder why everybody seems to expect a new 300m soon? Isn't the PO and AT first in line for a refresh?
You‘re welcome!
Not only the PO and the AT are overdue for a new generation, but also the Diver 300m.
Rumors of a new generation of Diver 300m have been fueled by the sighting of a new unreleased Diver 300m on Daniel Craig's arm. It is still unclear whether this is a new generation or another variant of the existing generation.
I am sure that next year will be a very exciting year for Omega, because one of these 3 models will probably experience a generation change. And these 3 models are among Omega's most popular.

I've been told by an Omega sales rep the NTTD watch production will cease production when the new Bond movie is announced.

But given the lack of interest by the Bond producers to make a 26th Bond movie perhaps it will remain in production forever.

My OB told me the same, that the NTTD will be pulled when the next movie is dropped. As I write this I am waiting for Fedex to get here with mine... it’s here
Edited:

But given the lack of interest by the Bond producers to make a 26th Bond movie perhaps it will remain in production forever.

Why would someone not be interested in making a few hundred million dollars? You can always delegate the hard stuff to someone else...

Why would someone not be interested in making a few hundred million dollars? You can always delegate the hard stuff to someone else...
Because movies have been bombing left and right in the theaters. Studio will probably need to spend like $300M+ on production costs and another $100M on advertising. NTTD made close to $800M in box office but estimates are that it still lost money.

Because movies have been bombing left and right in the theaters. Studio will probably need to spend like $300M+ on production costs and another $100M on advertising. NTTD made close to $800M in box office but estimates are that it still lost money.
Wasn’t that mainly due to the delay from CV-19?

They already know who they want, probably even down to the director.

They are not going to stop making Bond due to a few movies not making money, Bond is a franchise that will draw the crowds and most studios would pay handsomely for that name.

I've been told by an Omega sales rep the NTTD watch production will cease production when the new Bond movie is announced.

Ha OK then

As Dan said, no one can predict. It’s definitely a niche product: a costume watch but a high end one, related to a pretty evergreen franchise. Not something I’d ever buy, but it’s less egregious than one of these!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4052602817...d=&campid=5338788128&toolid=10001&mpt=5144101

And it certainly has its base of devoted fans.

FWIW, I would not consider value retention as a factor when deciding to buy a watch. Especially not an Omega.

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
As Dan said, no one can predict. It’s definitely a niche product: a costume watch but a high end one, related to a pretty evergreen franchise. Not something I’d ever buy, but it’s less egregious than one of these!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4052602817...d=&campid=5338788128&toolid=10001&mpt=5144101

And it certainly has its base of devoted fans.

FWIW, I would not consider value retention as a factor when deciding to buy a watch. Especially not an Omega.

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.