Forums Latest Members
  1. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Nov 27, 2015

grajek6 and Traveler like this.
  2. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Nov 27, 2015

hmmm.....double post. wanted to delete one and now there are 3 ?????? pls. delete 2; I`m not sure, how that happened. kind regards. achim

3. omegastar Nov 27, 2015

Lot 51
    1945 Israeli air force watch ?
    Is that right.?
    Cheers

4. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Nov 27, 2015

this must be breaking your heart....

were you not allowed to sell them privately or would it have been 'a death of a thousand cuts' selling individually?

man - I wish that Connie was 18k -or the 18k Chronometre was a Connie

best of luck with the sale

Philip

5. vinn2 Nov 27, 2015

I would like to go to a live - auction; of a bit lower class watches.

6. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Nov 27, 2015

Ouch, that must really hurt, sorry for your loss, but best of luck with the sale.

7. Tom Dick and Harry Nov 27, 2015

Jesus Achim, that sucks!

They have got some of those estimates a little wrong too IMHO!

8. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Nov 27, 2015

Bonham's probably has the same definition for "estimate" as Christies does.

9. RCAFBuster Nov 27, 2015

Achim,
    PM sent re 39.
    RCAFBuster

10. mac_omega Nov 27, 2015

Low estimates are just to attract more buyers...

georgetownhoya and Spacefruit like this.
  11. repoman Nov 27, 2015

my heart breaks for you.

12. michaelmc Nov 27, 2015

So sad but someone else will love those lovely pieces.

13. JerryB Nov 28, 2015

Bad luck buddy. Hopefully you get to keep some. That auction is not too far for me, and I have never been to one, so may pop along. Glwts

14. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Nov 28, 2015

thanks, guys. never expected so many emails..... same happened with Bonhams. I have to clarify something: everything is with Bonhams in London. I can not sell privately anymore. the problem was the wording of the courtorder and the timeframe for the financial settlement for my ex-wife. it had to be before the end of 2015, because of the nature of the bankloan and the underlying securities. I could not take the risk in quickly selling piece by piece privately in such a short time. many, many guys wanted between one and 5 watches. that expression of interest does not work here. you have to commit to a price and then I will negotiate with the auction house to withdraw lots. instead of 25% we might be able to settle for 12.5%. but that is up to diverse factors. and up to the auction house. so, you need to commit to a firm price first. and, yes, the estimates are exactly that. reserve prices are different. and if they are not met, then there is the 2.chance after the auction. in the meantime I can tell everybody more details for every watch.the descriptions are a bit scatchy so far; many watches have not been at auctions and the knowledge is not so good. a few important watches will hopefully have more informations from the manufacturers before the auction. will have to talk to bonhams anyway, to add to descriptions. like lot 46 C: the Centenary..... champagne dial sounds good. 18KT. dial, hands and case sounds better. as does JUB signed movement and the original factory engraved Laurel leaves in the back and Centenary engraved as well..... so, lets hope, it works out for you guys as well. only 3 weeks left. Bonhams was surprised about the many questions so far as well; in the beginning they had no idea, what they were looking at.... kind regards. achim

quito and oddboy like this.
  15. base615 Nov 28, 2015

It'll certainly be a rarity to find an Israeli Air Force watch from before Israel existed.

16. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Nov 28, 2015

it is 1949. factory confirmation should be there before the auction.....do not forget, many Military watches were given to the new governments by the former " masters " and marked later with new issue markings. like the WW 2 Panerai`s to the Pakistani navy.... imagine that ! but only @ todays prices over 100K for them. some clever quartermaster became aware of their decommissioned treasures in the 90`s and became rich overnight. with the help of watchdealers. they even had the panerai compass equipment and pnerai marked repair stuff , incl. Lathe`s.... one of the members here knows that first hand. kind regards. achim

Brench likes this.
  17. LarryG not KennyG, not OG, just LarryG Nov 28, 2015

Pm sent as well.
    Sad indeed.
    Best
    Larry

18. mozambique Nov 28, 2015

Achim,
    Very tough situation for you..............wishing you all the best!

19. ezinternet Nov 28, 2015

Achim - All best wishes!

-Ez

20. rolokr Nov 28, 2015

Well you can start a new collection, you have good taste !