Forums Latest Members

The curious case of the Russian Tutima UROFA 59

1. Braindrain Mar 26, 2021

That Fleiger Friday Tutima is a nice piece. The only beef I have is that it's not a flyback. So, cosmetically similar but mechanically different.

If that doesn't bother you, then go for it!

mydeafcat likes this.
  2. mydeafcat Mar 27, 2021

Cheers! Yeah, it’s a beauty. I can’t get over there is/was only 25 made.

As far as not being a flyback? Nope. Not an issue for me. For starters, I don’t need to worry about any combat situations (other than having my wife learn I quoted the US selling cost, not the CDN price), and I love my Speedmaster and it likewise lacks the flyback feature. All good!

Braindrain likes this.
  3. Mark020 not the sharpest pencil in the ΩF drawer Mar 27, 2021

Very nice watch and wonderful write up. Thanks!!

Braindrain and mydeafcat like this.
  4. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Mar 27, 2021

Is your case made from Brass ? and nickel coated ? does not look like it.... pls. check. kind regards. Achim

5. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Mar 27, 2021

Your pusher caps are the russian pusher caps. case looks like russian production as well. on the balance bridge the regulator shows V and N. that is german for Vorgang/Faster and N for Nachgang/slower. therefore that part is the Glashuette part. kind regard. Achim

aeroengineer likes this.
  6. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Mar 27, 2021

The 50 pieces made in Moskau from German Parts taken to Russia, will be a myth. there is no documentation anywhere regarding this. in my opinion, the russians started producing parts on the Tutima machinery straight away and every Kirova will be a misch-masch of russian and german parts....

7. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Mar 27, 2021

badly refinished dial and the center second hand is not correct. there is a seller in the Czeck republic, who still has a few....

8. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Mar 27, 2021

that is the re manufactured version by Tutima. you can still find them for sale. a very nice watch! different movement, but a very desirable chrono . Go for it. you will not regret it. had 6 of these over the years . kind regards. Achim

mydeafcat likes this.
  9. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Mar 27, 2021

not only 25 made. many, many hundreds made / will be easy to look up . search chrono24 or the bay. you will find yours....

mydeafcat likes this.
  10. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Mar 27, 2021

Some additional info : Most Hanhart Flybacks were destined for the Bomber Pilots. Or with special Markings and a different Dial to the Officers of the Kriegsmarine/German Navy. Most Tutima Flybacks were delivered to the Jagdflieger/ Stuka fighter pilots . There is another Original Tutima Bezel version version. This first delivered version had silvered coarse grain movements. And the Bezel Marker ( later a red paint marker ) was a soldered on triangle marker outside of the bezel. Was not very popular with the Officers, because got tangled with the uniform, when not worn over the sleeve.... Here is my Fathers first delivery. He was a medical Doctor to Generalfieldmarshall Rommel in Africa. And beeing a 3x gold wing Glider pilot in his youth, was assigned to the German Airforce. that is his watch. works like a charm after 79 years. kind regards. Achim vater tutima 1941.jpg kirova tutima.jpg

river rat, Flatfoot, loniscup and 4 others like this.
  11. mydeafcat Mar 27, 2021

Thanks for this, Achim. Tutima did offer the reissue, the Classic Tutima Flieger Ref 783-01, and yes, there are some out there. However, this particular limited edition I will likely pick up today is The Flieger Friday Chronograph. More here, and here.
    Michael

12. Braindrain Mar 27, 2021

You're correct. However, these days, I find it's fairly difficult to find an all-correct Zenith. That's why I probably don't own one.

And thanks for adding your knowledge to the subject.

13. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Mar 27, 2021

Never knew about the Flieger Friday.....I learn everyday ! Congratulations. Looks nice. Kind regards. Achim ... BTW: there are 2 correct Zenith Special on the bay in the moment seller is timetitans, I think.....both are correct.

mydeafcat and Braindrain like this.
  14. JimJupiter May 11, 2021

Great Story Achim!

Mine is back from service and cleaning.

5DA1DDEA-FF64-461B-9253-F1DB9FF7A09A.jpeg

Best Nico