The Canada Appreciation Thread

Locked
Posts
3,600
Likes
9,155
Wait, on a slightly humorous side note, is this appropriate? Or am I too early? 😁

Another suggestion in a Ubend comment: Canada to rename Lake Michigan to Lake Kissmiass.
 
Posts
4,073
Likes
6,980
As long as I am alive this lake will have the same name, whether full or not.

 
Posts
6,467
Likes
21,985
Another suggestion in a Ubend comment: Canada to rename Lake Michigan to Lake Kissmiass.
Kindof surprised he didn't go with Lake Titicaca. No imagination.
 
Posts
119
Likes
241
No one listens to the idiot any more.hopefully the America we have come to respect and rely on will soon return.
 
Posts
961
Likes
6,851
At the cottage this weekend and nothing is more Canadian than this!

Dummy down there can rename whatever he wants, do whatever he wants but our way of life and especially our lakes will remain strong!
 
Posts
26
Likes
65
Canada and re-naming lakes. There is an irony in renaming the smallest of the so-called "great lakes" as Lake America - maybe the re-namer doesn't understand geograohy too well. Hey - look at the little one. But Canada has lots of lakes, tens or maybe hundreds of thousands of mosquito ridden unpopulated and inconsequntial bodies of water far from any habitation. Flown over by airliners on their way to nortehrn Europe. Perhaps the Candaian Govenment can repay the compliment: rename a small puddle best forgotten in honour of the current President.

I do foresee a bleak future for the USA, which I have visted often (but not since 2016) and once saw as a beacon of democracy with its 4 pillars of power: the executive, the courts, congress and a free press. I can imagine attempts by the current ruling executive to suspend or challenge the mid-terms and react to any protests by deploying ICE (effectively an unregulated private army) to put them down by force. Where does it end? But the majority voted for this, knowing full well what they would be getttng, so it is what it is.

That bleak outlook extrends to the UK and Europe with US taxpayers money now pouring in to fund "think tanks" and far right wing politicians. Add to that the tacit and sometimes overt support they get from unregulated social media billionaires - X pays Rupert Lowe more than he gets in salary as an elected MP - it fear we are all doomed.

So well done Canada for pushing back - I wish more counties did.
 
Posts
961
Likes
6,851
Up here in the great north, we love and respect everyone’s country & culture regardless!

Our friend’s cottage immediate family members are well represented by the flags they are flying 🙂
 
Posts
18,732
Likes
38,884
Let's get this back to the original intent of this thread.

Any more derogatory or inflammatory political posts will be deleted.
 
Posts
961
Likes
6,851
Some REAL maple syrup from ONTARIO with the pancakes this morning 🙂
And yes, let’s please keep this particular thread to what it was initially set-up for, the APPRECIATION of Canada.

I have previously posted on this thread how extremely grateful, honoured etc of being able to live in this great country.

My family are Vietnamese refugees. I was born three days after the fall of Saigon. My parents did everything possible to escape the brutality of the communist over the next 3 years until we were lucky enough to escape. A couple & church from a city in Ontario came and sponsored us over and the rest is history. I could go on and on but I won’t.

@The Father, I feel your pain! There were over one million plus Vietnamese people who died during the war. I lost my aunt, cousins etc during the war. But that was history so yes, old wounds will never heal but we also need to do whatever is possible to prevent as many of these actions that humans do unnecessarily to one another!