The Canada Appreciation Thread

Locked
Posts
194
Likes
525
If it wasn’t for two Canadian referees on the ice in the Fin-Can game making sure McKinnon lifting Mikkola’s stick and filming that it hit him in the face was passed and an offside that wasn’t called immediately before the game winning goal despite Finnish coach’s challenge, Canada wouldn’t have been playing in the final.

Anyway, thank you Canada for ice hockey.
Edited:
 
Posts
3,893
Likes
23,284
Credit to Hellebuyck. Without him, it would not have been pretty for the US
That one save psyched out our team. That was pure art. 44-28 shots on goal favouring Canada. I would say goaltending was the key to victory.
 
Posts
3,893
Likes
23,284
If it wasn’t for two Canadian referees on the ice in the Fin-Can game making sure McKinnon lifting Mikkola’s stick and filming that it hit him in the face was passed and an offside that wasn’t called immediately before the game winning goal despite Finnish coach’s challenge, Canada wouldn’t have been playing in the final.

Anyway, thank you Canada for ice hockey.
What kind of wine do you get out of those sour grapes?
 
Posts
194
Likes
525
What kind of wine do you get out of those sour grapes?
I’m old enough to remember the sour grapes for Canada in Nagano 1998, they were so sour that there was even talk in Canada about how these games should be pre fixed show games to ensure the ”best” always get their gold, lol! Oh, it tasted so sweet.

I’m sure you wouldn’t have had any problem if there would’ve been two Finnish referees refereeing a crucial game between Fin-Can? In what other sport do you see this? That’s right. No other sport. It’s NHL trying to secure European nations don’t win too often.

And calling a super dubious penalty for Canada with only seconds left of the game, instead of the usual ”let’s play, no more calls” line usually held by referees in these final games would’ve been completely acceptable to you too? Not to mention that offside that wasn’t called despite the challenge.
 
Posts
30,180
Likes
77,927
Only the best kind of wine, best served chilled at dessert time!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noble_rot
I've only had one bottle of this style of wine - one of my nephews in Australia brought me this from a vineyard close to where he lives:



I carried it half way around the world, and did a side by side comparison with a late harvest from an Ontario winemaker...so this is not quite an ice wine, but close:



The noble rot was...rotten to my taste, so I'm not a fan.
 
Posts
3,893
Likes
23,284
I’m old enough to remember the sour grapes for Canada in Nagano 1998, they were so sour that there was even talk in Canada about how these games should be pre fixed show games to ensure the ”best” always get their gold, lol! Oh, it tasted so sweet.

I’m sure you wouldn’t have had any problem if there would’ve been two Finnish referees refereeing a crucial game between Fin-Can? In what other sport do you see this? That’s right. No other sport. It’s NHL trying to secure European nations don’t win too often.

And calling a super dubious penalty for Canada with only seconds left of the game, instead of the usual ”let’s play, no more calls” line usually held by referees in these final games would’ve been completely acceptable to you too? Not to mention that offside that wasn’t called despite the challenge.
Oh, 1998. Still living with that….ruined my life. Just wondering what’s your point in trolling on this thread. You must have misread the title. But please, be our guest and whine about irrelevant shit.
Edited:
 
Posts
194
Likes
525
Oh, 1998. Still living with that….ruined my life. Just wondering what’s your point in trolling on this thread. You must have misread the title. But please, be our guest and whine about irrelevant shit.
Just normal discussion about something current with a Canada connection, isn’t it?

And I did write:

”Anyway, thank you Canada for ice hockey.” Which is appreciation.

While you’re trolling about cheese and shit…
 
Posts
1,853
Likes
4,464
With a Stilton or a bleu d’auvergne!!🤤
…or a portion of Christmas pudding!
 
Posts
3,893
Likes
23,284
Just normal discussion about something current with a Canada connection, isn’t it?

And I did write:

”Anyway, thank you Canada for ice hockey.” Which is appreciation.

While you’re trolling about cheese and shit…
Anyway….whatever.
 
Posts
5,305
Likes
53,925
The cats always get their mouse?
You've got to keep the Canada focus.

The Cats always gets their Moose.
 
Posts
917
Likes
4,955
Pardon the pun, but Who's got their Guess Who tickets? I just bought tickets for me and the Mrs. I can't wait to see one of the greatest bands.
 
Posts
30,180
Likes
77,927
Pardon the pun, but Who's got their Guess Who tickets? I just bought tickets for me and the Mrs. I can't wait to see one of the greatest bands.
I've seen Randy by himself playing hits from both the Guess Who days and from BTO with a band and orchestra. I've seen Burton as a solo act with a back-up band, playing hits from GW and his solo career (which was also pretty good back in the day). And I recently saw BTO play (along with April Wine and the Headpins - great line-up). But I've never seen Randy and Burton together, so might have to see if they are close so I can see them.
 
Posts
917
Likes
4,955
I've seen Randy by himself playing hits from both the Guess Who days and from BTO with a band and orchestra. I've seen Burton as a solo act with a back-up band, playing hits from GW and his solo career (which was also pretty good back in the day). And I recently saw BTO play (along with April Wine and the Headpins - great line-up). But I've never seen Randy and Burton together, so might have to see if they are close so I can see them.
Awesome! Back in the day, I attended three BTO concerts they were always outstanding.

Burton's voice is pure gold. It's absolutely ridiculous that The Guess Who is not in the Rock and Roll Hall Fame. They're far too busy adding non-rock musicians.

By the way, Don Felder from the Eagles will be opening up for The Guess Who. Doesn't get much better.