Forums Latest Members
  1. KooKoo Apr 3, 2016

The posts here have been invaluable to help me avoid some franken pre-moon Speedmasters on eBay over the last few weeks.

I'm learning, but I want to jump on everything with the money burning a hole in my pocket. Reading about the very specific watches and the very specific reasons to pass has saved me headaches at the very least.

I'm starting to learn patience. Slowly. It's not easy.

Thank you.

OMGRLX and Giff2577 like this.
  2. GregH Apr 3, 2016

Welcome. And continue to go slow!

OMGRLX and KooKoo like this.
  3. kpaxsg Apr 3, 2016

Welcome indeed and you just ignited an idea that we newbie have to garner 200 posts before we can sell here on the platform perhaps we can also start charging for consultation ::bleh::

4. KooKoo Apr 3, 2016

I have to admit part of the reason I posted is just to get my count started.

The post count rules are a double-edged sword. Needed to make sure noobs are legit, but tough because they force a little (or quite a bit of) noise to work count.

5. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Apr 3, 2016

Welcome KooKoo!
    Once you jump on something, something twice as good will come 'round, such is this hobby.

Continue your research and decide exactly your target..... keep your powder dry (don't spend your money) until you see what you want and then post here for confirmation or use private messages to members you respect if you want to keep your target a secret.
    Remember that there are hundreds lurking about, taking advantage of the knowledge here to do their research/homework for them.

Note: Spending on research material such as "Moon Watch Only" can save you ten-fold in value and avoided mistakes.

Good Luck

The 200 post rule is a good example of the desired spirit of this forum, a spirit of promoting the hobby and of extending knowledge, not of facilitating sales for whomever.
    We hope that you understand and give things here a chance, we definitely are different and intended it that way

Please don't miss the point of the post rule. It's not a hoop to jump through, noise won't count.
    There are many venues to buy/sell on right away and we strive to be somewhat different. Please read the sticky and perhaps search "200 post rule" for hundreds of discussions on the topic.

Remember, you can always pm a seller and try to arrange a purchase or you can request an exemption of the 200 post rule from a Moderator.

Good luck with your search and we hope to see great pictures of your Speedy!

6. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Apr 3, 2016

and get an avatar before the crazy squirrel ninjas you with 1

KooKoo likes this.
  7. KooKoo Apr 3, 2016

Great advice. Thanks! I have already lined up some trusted opinions on here (if and when needed) and I found access to Moon Watch Only at the Omega shop in town. The staff gave me explicit permission to hang in the store and read and take photos whenever I'd like. I think they appreciated the fact that I had at least a cursory knowledge and utmost respect for the history.

I can't collect; I simply want one to wear and enjoy. I realize everyone says that when starting out, but I have no reason to believe my budget will change anytime soon.

OMGRLX likes this.