Forums Latest Members

Thank you to whoever designed these forums

1. b-16707 Dec 4, 2016

Just wanted to say thank you to whoever designed these forums. It's by far the best looking and UX/UI functioning forum I have ever been to. Makes the whole forum experience that much easier to use and is easy on the eyes!

tripletmom, Dre, bazamu and 34 others like this.
  2. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Dec 4, 2016

Amen to that.

Larry S, Longbow and b-16707 like this.
  3. ulackfocus Dec 4, 2016

The IT department might be small but they're certainly skilled.

KstateSkier, gemini4, Larry S and 5 others like this.
  4. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Dec 4, 2016

We've set up a webcam so you can watch them in action
    [​IMG]

Dre, bazamu, valjoux72 and 18 others like this.
  5. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock Dec 5, 2016

It's true, I've been saying that same thing for ages... Compared to other forums, this is by far the easiest to use in every aspect. From posting photos to editing posts. It's really a pleasure to use.

KstateSkier, b-16707 and Screwbacks like this.
  6. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Dec 5, 2016

and Hallelujah!

IMG_5417.JPG

Syrte, b-16707 and ahartfie like this.
  7. RegF Dec 5, 2016

one request - coloured text would be a nice addition on occasion

But for the most part, hells Yeah!

I nearly gave up on another stalwart because, while the people were nice ( not as good as here, of course!) the interface is right out of the dial-up bulletin board era.

Navigating and posting here is a breeze!

Well done, that squirrel!

8. Screwbacks Dec 5, 2016

:thumbsup:

9. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 5, 2016

@Trev is the UX / design guy, I handle the servers. We've actually got another entire forum platform we built from scratch that is much more up to date and improved upon compared to the OF code deployed on another site but until it matures to the point of stability and feature parity we won't be comfortable risking it on something as large and content heavy as OF.

Dre, bazamu, OMGRLX and 6 others like this.
  10. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Dec 5, 2016

Yes, hats off to the team here. The platform is a blinding contrast to WUS, which, in terms of latency, reminds me of days of 1200 baud...

kov and JohnSteed like this.
  11. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 5, 2016

When cramming in as much advertising per square inch is the priority that'll tend to happen. For those who run ad-blockers by the way, Omegaforums is actually slightly faster if you turn them off (manually green light or allow the domain) due to the fact that the add-on is still looking for stuff to block on every single page even though there's nothing there.

12. aap Dec 5, 2016

Thanks for that tip! And yes, this is by far the best-designed forum online, ever.

13. Jking something intelligent and witty... Dec 5, 2016

I agree completely. I signed up for another forum when I signed up on this one but I only come here. The other one is a mess compared to this forum.

14. ulackfocus Dec 5, 2016

Yes! I'd love to be able to post BLACK & ORANGE rule!!!! in the correct colors.

15. MPWATCH Watch Lover Dec 5, 2016

+1...

Love the photo feature as well...every other forum I've ever been involved in made photo linking a nightmare half the time. OF makes it as simple as possible.

Syrte likes this.
  16. b-16707 Dec 5, 2016

Awesome to hear. Hoping that new one matures at some point although the current OF is niceeeee already! Tired of seeing all the same forums using the 'ol vBulletin default stuff.

Thanks @Trev!!! Bye bye WUS, OF is now my homeboy forum go-to!

17. rcs914 Dec 5, 2016

I've thought about making this same post on more than one occasion. There are so many details and features of the forums here that are SO much better than pretty much any other discussion forum I have ever been on. I love the "latest posts" feature, the private messages, etc, but it is much more than that. I am actually surprised that the software isn't licensed out, because it really is the best that I've used.

b-16707 likes this.
  18. ulackfocus Dec 5, 2016

One thing - don't be WUSsing up this place. Get a pint of leeches and let them bleed all the WUSsie out of you.

ralpher, Davidt and b-16707 like this.
  19. b-16707 Dec 5, 2016

shouldnt be too hard given the +1 nature of OF

20. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Dec 5, 2016

Tons of user features I love on this site. Posting pics, hands down best ever.

Latest post is a favorite as well, and I like that the reseller for sale adds are screened out but not the members.

I could go on.

My only complaint is that there is not a specific Speedmaster section. Actually vintage Speedmaster and modern Speedmaster would be good. Also a limited edition Speedmaster section as well.

The set avatar feature was cool, but that no longer seems to work.

OMGRLX, JimInOz and Larry S like this.